%off depending on were they came from.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

%off depending on were they came from.

Is there any possible way to offer someone say 10% off if they click a link from another website (Basically setting a cookie that lets our site know they should recieve a discount).

Put a discount code next to the link. If they use the code, you know they saw the link.

Comment

Thats actually what I was thinking about doing, as I didn't think the cookie method would be very viable. Speaking of coupon codes, is it possible to set up a discount code that would not actually give the customer a discount? We are setting up a way of rewarding sports clubs who buy from us, but putting cash back into their club accounts rather than offering them a flat out discount on the website. Im wanting to track their club purchases by use of the voucher code.

Comment

You could set up rules on the discount code they could never meet i guess (e.g. spend a million), you then need to track orders to see where used. I think users need to see a discount personally, i'd do something like, 'enter your code to get £5 off your order and get blah de blah into your sports club account.'

Get something that rewards both parties in other words, otherwise it will flop IMO.

Comment

Sorry to go on like this, however my coupon code entry doesn't seem to show up on the 'Checkout Page 1' as it should do. Does the actual display of the text box need to be enabled somewere or have I accidently deleted some of the code at some point down the line ;x ?

Comment

The fact that you mention it probably means you have, so go into the design library and revert the layout back to factory settings or use the compare facility to make sure.

Comment

Thank you for all your help so far btw - very much appreciated.

I have managed to reset it back to the default library (i know this as its taken out all the custom text I had in, which is fine as i can just retype it). In the list of variables I now see:

Code:
              <actinic:variable name="CheckoutArea" value="Coupon Entry Field" if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22AllowCouponInCheckout%22%20%2f%3e" />
              However, there is still no coupon entry box apearing on the actual page for users to type a code into.

Comment

The checkout area contains sub-layouts. It's probably one of these you need to revert. You can search the library for some unique text to locate said layout. Or click the text in design view which should take you to the layout.
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

There appears to be a bad lag on checkout page changes too, close actinic down and then restart and that often pops things onto the screen. You might need need to be looking in the web page inner layout group to revert/compare.

Comment

Ive went through all the library and reset anything I could see to do with the coupon code. If I click on the Coupon Entry Field when I click the advanced/basic view button it doesn't take me to a layout like if I were to click on something like the Terms and Conditions Agreed text.

I assumed that it should be checkoutarea that should be reset - which ive done numerous times now, however still to no avail.

(I have reset aswell)

Im sure it has something to do with it seemingly having no layout, as if i create another site using the same design template I have on this site, I can click on the Coupon Entry Field and it brings up

Layout Code - Coupon Entry Field
                    Code:
                    <!-- Coupon entry code begin -->
                    <span class="actregular"><b><Actinic:Variable Name="CouponTitle"/></b></span><br /><br />
                    <Actinic:Variable Name="CouponMessage"/>
                    <table border="0" width="<actinic:variable name="ACTSTDWIDTH" />" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2" class="checkout">
                      <tr>
                         <td>
                            <Actinic:Variable Name="CouponCaption"/>
                          </td>
                          <td>
                             <input type="text" name="COUPONCODE" size="20" maxlength="255" value="<Actinic:Variable Name="CouponCode"/>" />
                          </td>
                       </tr>
                    </table>
                    <br />
                    <br />
                    <hr size="1" />

Comment

Working...
                    X