No announcement yet.

Is my Actinic Biz croken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I presumed that you didn't want another one from me, Tracy - I can do if required.
    www.yandles.co.uk
    www.websilk.co.uk
    Today is the tomorrow that I worried about yesterday.
    So far, all is well. Am I still worried? YES! Watch some b.....d mess it up!

Comment

Yes, it is still happening. I have just compacted the database & it took 3 attemps to export the snapshot before I got a complete (i hope) one.

Snapshot sizes:
      before compacting db: 18,518Kb
      first attempt: 1,854Kb
      second attempt:1,992Kb
      Third atempt: 18,452Kb
      www.yandles.co.uk
      www.websilk.co.uk

Comment

I presumed that you didn't want another one from me,
        No that's ok Donald, the three that we have from you are fine but we'd like some from others to compare them to.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Tracey,

Once I have one that isn't correct I will send you one but just done 8 in a row that all worked ok!!! Will pop one through when it falls over.
          Cheers

David
          Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Thanks Dave.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Can I take it from the lack of snapshots sent in that no-one is experiencing this problem any more (other than Donald)?
              Tracey
              SellerDeck

Comment

C'mon Guys & Gals - Please send a snapshot to Tracy
                www.yandles.co.uk
                www.websilk.co.uk

Comment

Lazarus-like, this thread resurfaces ...

I have worked out what, for me at least, was causing the undersized snapshot problem.

I have backups running to two Buffalo NAS drives using Memeo.

As this is an automatic operation, it re-starts the backup as soon as a file changes, in this case, an Actinic snapshot procedure or simply, downloading a new order.

If the backup is running, the snapshot ends up being around 50% of the size it should be. But set Memeo to "pause until system idle", and the snapshot saves in full.

Memo to self: remember to pause all backup software when exiting Actinic ...
                  Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Thanks for the input but unfortunately it does not impact on my situation. I am saving to 'documents/ActinicSnapsots' and then backing up to drive D later...
                    www.yandles.co.uk
                    www.websilk.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by dave_finlayson View Post
                      It's just not a v9 problem either, IMO it has been around in varying degrees since v7. Our v8 does it all the time.
                      Have just revisited this thread as am having this problem again and was looking for a solution. I also can confirm that the small snapshot size problem has been around in my experience since V7 and is definitely present in 8.5.1

I also have the unexplained failure when uploading at the point where Actinic is 'Reviewing Files' - just drops out without any kind of error message.

I just figure that you have to live with it - if you persevere, eventually you will have success - it's pretty annoying and time consuming though...

Comment

Originally posted by intrapreneur View Post
                        Have just revisited this thread as am having this problem again and was looking for a solution. I also can confirm that the small snapshot size problem has been around in my experience since V7 and is definitely present in 8.5.1
                        It is also in V8.5.3, unfortunately I deleted the files some time back. My snapshot for one site is usually around 20Mb but instead I get some small ones around 5Mb.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                        SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                        Custom Packages

Comment

Andrew & Malcolm
                          Next time you get a small snapshot, will you please send a copy of it to Tracy. Maybe with different ones, they will be able to resolve this issue... In the meanwhile, I have to keep checking the snapshot size every time.... Oh Hum...
                          www.yandles.co.uk
                          www.websilk.co.uk

Comment

UPDATE

I have not had a short snapshot since 4th September. Previously, I would be getting one or two a week.

The only thing I can think of that it was an MS Vista Ultimate issue. Since running SP1, I have had no problem. I am not saying that SP1 fixed the problem. That may be just a coincidence but I think it is fair to suggest that the case be closed.

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread and to Tracy and the backroom guys at Actinic...
                            www.yandles.co.uk
                            www.websilk.co.uk

Comment

Only just seen this thread for the first time:
                              • It is very common for C & D to fail at the same time as they are usually separate partitions on the same drive.
                              • I should know the answer to this, but how do you insert images in a post?

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Originally posted by Mark H View Post
                                Only just seen this thread for the first time:
                                • It is very common for C & D to fail at the same time as they are usually separate partitions on the same drive.
                                • I should know the answer to this, but how do you insert images in a post?

I do not partition my drives (EVER!) I have 5 drives. (2.35Tb)
                                They were two seperate 500G drives taken out by multiple power outages in a fraction of a second

Second question: I suggest starting a new thread asking that...(saves this thread going off topic - thanks )
                                HINT: "Go Advanced"
                                www.yandles.co.uk
                                www.websilk.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X