No announcement yet.

v9.0.3 Public Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bun, yes 9.0.3 will be fine with EPOS 3.06.
    Benjamin Dyer
    CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Originally posted by Folk View Post
      Yeah it was connecting ok, but wen we try to print invoices off the machine just hangs. It also seems to crash out fairly frequently too. Any suggestions?
      Has anyone else had problems with Business Plus on multi computers as I have only loaded onto single laptop but will be using on four computers

Prefer to know before I try as remember all was ok last time untill the sync problem appeared after all had tested B+
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Chris i would wait for the live release. Just in case there is a tweak to be made

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
          Chris i would wait for the live release. Just in case there is a tweak to be made
          Oh dear, this does not sound good.

There are not that many MU user and I wonder how many of us have the time to spare at this end of the year testing Actinic.

We have a server and 3 users and really can't contemplate doing backups, then 4 upgrades and then running a load of tests in what would essentially be our live environment.

How many of us have the time to build a dummy system that involves several installs on machines that aren't actually running 902?

Comment

Hi Darren

The problem is that everyone tests the version on a computer but last time nobody tested on multi-user and the sync problem only arrived after the final release

I am trying to bump the testing up so this does not happen again

As Wfl says we just dont have the time to backup four computers, install v.o.3 on all computers, update 7 sites on one computer and test the whole system, then reconfigure to v9.0.1 with mod to sync

If actinic would like to test it for me I can forward the 7 snapshots for them to test on their demo room using xp

To make matters worse I have a complete redesign by one of our leading designers just waiting till its all settled down and released, which is rather frustrating to say the least
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by Folk View Post
              "You cannot connect to your local machine with this license!"
              From this it sounds like the public beta is not MU enabled. When we upgraded to V9 there were separate license keys for the Business Plus (the server) and the Additional Users.

Comment

Do you ever feel let down by Actinic Towers, Who the hell has tested MU all this time testing and testing, yet the major part of the software appears not to have been checked
                Last edited by Benjamin Dyer; 07-Oct-2008, 11:32 AM. Reason: Bad language
                Chris Ashdown

Comment

Who the hell has tested MU all this time testing and testing
                  Ive a multi user site on test

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
                    Do you ever feel let down by Actinic Towers, Who the hell has tested MU all this time testing and testing, yet the major part of the software appears not to have been checked
                    Hi Chris,

v9.0.3 beta has been tested with MU, however I will remind you that this is beta software. MU will also be tested further as part of the full regression test we put our software through once we are happy the software is at a production release.
                    Benjamin Dyer

Comment

Originally posted by wfl View Post
                      How many of us have the time to build a dummy system that involves several installs on machines that aren't actually running 902?
                      Hi wfl,

MU has been tested against the currently beta release. As part of the regression test we have a day testing MU out in our training room with 9 machines / users.

Its one of the hi-lights of the testing process
                      Benjamin Dyer

Comment

Thank you Benjamin and Malcolm

But you can understand our responce after it was not tested properly after 9.0.1 and we had weeks of problems, and it appears this time that MU is not available on the beta according to a Folk.

Quite honestly I do not have the time to fully beta test a full mu test, but do hope the developers have
                        Chris Ashdown

Comment

The problem with designers doing testing is alway that they will test against thier clients requirements so things may be missed. Several of my clients have recently or are intending to upgrade business plus with multiple users so now I am getting more involved with multi user stuff which before I tended to ignore.

Comment

Actinic Beta

The big question is, will the new version be here before xmas 2008?
                            Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
                            www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

will the new version be here before xmas 2008
                              IMO people who intend to upgrade to .0.3 prior to xmas need to be testing thier site with the beta to look for any issues specific to thier site. Its far to close to xmas to run any risks now.

Comment

Beta testing.

Hi Mal.
                                Totally agree on the points you raised.
                                Just about to download the beta to do just that, however I suppose we do want this one tested thoroughly, so it's best to wait till Actinic are sure they have got the worst bugs out. An ETA for the release woud be good tho'.
                                Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
                                www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X