No announcement yet.

v9.0.3 Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just about to send a snap shot (went to bed at 7am as been up all night upgrading).

We went from 9.02 to 9.03

Comment

Thanks, Mark. Could you let us know which are the missing sections/products when you send it across. Sounds like a busy night
      Ben Popplestone
      Ecommerce website software

Comment

I just want to whisper, real quiet because I'm a bit scared of jinxing myself, that I've upgraded BB from 8.5.3 to 9.0.3 and all seems fine.
        I had a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng checklist of things to check/update/re-hack but all is done (bar a few modified reports) and working fine..

Now I'm off to hole myself up in a 'please don't jinx me' happy place!
        Tracey

Comment

OK just to confirm my problem

All the products and fragments are in actinic. When i upload the pages are blank, as if the products are hidden. If i change the layouts and upload they all appear online. If i change back to my original layouts then upload everything is fine. If i restart actinic then it's back to square one. Not showing online when you upload.

Comment

Mr. Popplestone, your second name rocks.

Comment

Why, thank you, Mr Crowe - you're not the first to say that
              Ben Popplestone
              Ecommerce website software

Comment

Now this is so obvious I hesitate to mention this and forgive me. But we found with the first beta if we upgraded the site insitu. so to speak the data base was corrupted during the upgrade using vista on both a spare pc and a laptop.

But if we uninstalled everything removing v9 completely from the system and then clean installed V9-0-3 and imported a snapshot of the site no problems and all was fine. I did mention it to some of the actinic people at the conference and they asked for a snapshot but the second beta installed fine, and guessed it had been fixed and the released software has upgraded fine on the main site computer using xp.

Best

Nigel
                Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

I have done both on various XP and Vista systems with upgrading an existing installation and taking from snapshots.

This was an existing installation and i imported a snapshot, three other sites all worked with no problems, just the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

It's always been the case that you should fully uninstal actinic and instal fresh rather than upgrading a current installation. Perhaps this should be put on the download page.

Comment

Sorry i mean i have v9.0.3 installed and took a v9.0.1 snapshot from another machine and imported it.

Comment

Originally posted by Krithika View Post
                        Bun, Steve

Could you send me your site snapshots for investigation, so we can take a look at what's happening to cause the missing products? Please email me via the forum so I can guide you re sending me the snapshot files.

Mark - I have contacted you via email for the same.

Regards
                        Hi Kruthika - Thank you, I'll be in touch this evening
                        www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co.uk

Comment

I always used to fully uninstall until about 2 years ago when CD said that you don't need to and that he only ever runs it over the top of an existing version using the full download, not those wretched patches that used to be around. I've done this ever since and not had a problem. Unistalling a multi-user environment could be a right ballache otherwise.

Comment

I have just overwritten on a Vista machine successfully. No issues with upgrade or upload.

I did the same with the beta installs on XP. I had a few issues with duplicate image locations (mentioned in other threads) but after a restart they disappeared.

Army Gore-tex
                            Winter Climbing Mitts
                            webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                            Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Ive always done the full unistall and never had a problem TBH - upgrading an existing instaltion does seem to set a few things back to default by the looks of.

Comment

Just in case anyone is collecting the stats.....

I've just installed 9.0.3 over top of 9.0.1. All looked well at the local end but when I refreshed, the web site had lots of empty sections.

I've since reverted back to 9.0.1 and I'll try again after Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                                X