Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actinic slows to a halt for the first time in ages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic slows to a halt for the first time in ages.

Well, almost. After clicking on something (anything!) its fine, then the next click just takes (what feels like) ages to activate. I've had this before (more than once) and god knows how I managed to cure it.

Rebooted pc, purged catalogue and orders, compacted website, then the database itself via access. Then compacted again. And rebooted it all again.

Still on go slow.

Does Catalog support Chelsea?
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Any obvious using CPU time in the Task Manager?

Comment

Originally posted by george View Post
      Rebooted pc, purged catalogue and orders, compacted website, then the database itself via access. Then compacted again. And rebooted it all again.
      Can't offer any further advice...
      Does Catalog support Chelsea?
      No, it's the women. They only like Chelsea 'cause they can go on top for 90 minutes and still come second

*Can't help myself, one of the lads in the office is a Chelsea supporter and I've been making cracks all day*

Comment

Sorry, I should add that theres nothing else slowed up. Just Catalog.

The egg timer even appears when you try click for something else to happen.

Hmmm.
        Football Heaven

Comment

Heres a pic for yer mate Grant. (one of many on the go!)
          Football Heaven

Comment

Heres a pic for yer mate Grant. (one of many on the go!)
            That'll do nicely Just been using my sat nav to find Chelsea. Apparently it's 2 minutes away from Rome...

Comment

George, try the second article that comes up when you search the KB for "performance".

I don't understand why things might have suddenly got bad, though.

Chris

Comment

Cheers for the reply boss, I'll try that in a bit.

Its happened pretty sudden though, its like its trying to find a deleted image or something. As I said, I'm sure I've suffered this before too. I really should make a log of such instances.

Its pretty unusable as it is though. Grrr.
                Football Heaven

Comment

Originally posted by acompton View Post
                  Any obvious using CPU time in the Task Manager?
                  Its a pity there isnt a built in one, to see what Actinics thinking/doing/looking for.
                  Football Heaven

Comment

We have just inherited this slowing in performance
                    www.parklifeclothes.co.uk

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

This sounds a bit odd as the knowledge base article Chris mentions is for the V9 caching issue and I didn't see any of this in 8.5.3.

Strange that it seems to have just appeared recently. I wonder if there's something else in the system that's interfering with Actinic. Any recent softare updates you can remember or new installations (eg firewalls, backup software, etc)?

Mike
                      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Have switched off preview pane and is now again instant, not going to bother looking any deeper, it's fragile enough as it is!!

Parklife, Whitby

Diesel, Converse, Crocs, Quiksilver, Miss Sixty, Scotch & Soda, Bench, Levi's, Kickers

Comment

Darron,

If you're using V9 then the described fix in the knowledge base and sticky in the V9 forum for the cacheing issue does work extremely well.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks Mike, much appreciated, will have a rethink

Parklife, Whitby

Comment

I hate how Actinic sucks you in when theres a problem. Catalog is still slow. I've tried LOADS of things (but not Chris's suggestion... yet), such as re-generating the catalog in preview, system restoring, everything I can think of really. What I do know, is that this has happened `suddenly`, its nothing that has got gradually worse. As it is, its pretty unuseable so I think I'll do that caching thingy this morning, see if that helps. BUT, even if it does help/speed up/get back to normal, I think the `problem` will still be there.

I suppose I should do a snapshot and try it on a different machine, but that frazzles the multi-user set up at work.

Actually, I've spent nearly two days on this and still no further forward. Yeah, I'd best try what the boss suggested eh?

For the record. Preview worked quickly for us before this happened, now its usually the timer for ages. And yes, its still slow with preview off.
                              Football Heaven

Comment

Working...
                              X