Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Actinic slows to a halt for the first time in ages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update. I've now done the database tweak and it seems to be much quicker with the preview off. However, with preview on, its still nothing like it used to be. Opening a number of single product sections to check stock levels and leaving the preview page on it just grinds to a halt when browsing though them.

Frustrating.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

There must be something to cause it but it needn't necessarily be Actinic.

Been in the design tab at all?
      Added anything code-wise?
      Added a large number of products in one go?
      If not, then I would err towards blaming something outside of Actinic.

Installed any new software or updates?
      What's your AV doing?

Out of interest, have you tried importing a recent (pre-slowdown) snapshot into a new site and see how that fares?
      Tracey

Comment

Nah, still not fixed, preview is off and its struggling to breathe never mind move after clicking from one section to the next.

fh FAIL.
        Football Heaven

Comment

Been in the design tab at all? lol, no!
          Added anything code-wise? not last week
          Added a large number of products in one go? nothing above the usual workload
          If not, then I would err towards blaming something outside of Actinic. i know, but cant trace (no pun) anything... yet

Installed any new software or updates? just the usual ms and avg stuff
          What's your AV doing? av as in anti virus? disabled for now.

Out of interest, have you tried importing a recent (pre-slowdown) snapshot into a new site and see how that fares? ahh, good idea, i should have thought to try that.grrr. i guess that will cancel out the current site/database if its also slow. actually, i've just had another idea.
          Football Heaven

Comment

Same Problem

Hi,

I am having the same problem and have cleaned the pc twice, deleted recycle bin, cookies, compacted DBs etc. It's been like it the last few days and I'm trying to add new products on and have got nowhere all morning. Every action I do it seems to hang for ages. I can't even scroll down a menu.

Preview off hasn't really helped either.

I'm nearly bald now
            Help!
            Helen
            www.postapresent.co.uk
            Gifts by Post & Giftwrapping Service

Comment

Coincidence? Or the same issue?

Hmmm.

Just taken me about two hours to put a stock order on, which I'd guess normally takes about 15 mins or so.

I'll create a new site and import an old snapshot shortly.
              Football Heaven

Comment

Latest.

Current site with a lot of single product sections: Very slow (compared to what it was prior to the end of last week).

Current site with less single product sections. Still slow but not as slow as the current one. (didnt notice it was slow before)

Different site with a number of single product sections. Very fast.

The investigation continues.
                Football Heaven

Comment

We've heard of this in a few other cases as well.
                  No solutions as yet, but an outside guess is that this is a machine specific thing, most likely through an update in the recent spate of MS windows updates.
                  Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                  Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                  SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

You may be right....

I've just turned on my ancient slow laptop and imported an older snapshot - which worked fine and speedy. I then imported a copy of today's snapshot which keeps hanging and that works fine also! The only thing I would say is that I have not updated windows to SP3 on the laptop but have on PC (not that I think that should make a difference as it was working fine on PC with SP3 beforehand).

So I'm back to my pc maybe being at fault. Have done a start/run/msconfig to see what's running in the background, but not much that I know enough about to safely stop, but there shouldn't be anything different there than before as I have not added any new programmes or anything.

Not sure how I roll back windows updates or what to do now really. All my other software packages work fine, except IE7 is slow to start up, but quite often is.

As George says, hmmmmmmm
                    Helen
                    www.postapresent.co.uk
                    Gifts by Post & Giftwrapping Service

Comment

Originally posted by Bonjour View Post
                      Not sure how I roll back windows updates or what to do now really. All my other software packages work fine, except IE7 is slow to start up, but quite often is.
                      I'm deleting a couple of my recent windows updates, I'll report on here how I get on asap.

Going to update.microsoft.com gets you an option on the left to see your recent updates. To remove you go to Control panel, add/remove programmes, make sure the updates box is ticked and they can be removed from there.
                      Football Heaven

Comment

Right I've deleted the last MS updates apart from todays and although the dates didnt match up anyway its made no difference.

AVG had a major update to 8.5 but that was last month.

Spybots been disabled and that makes no difference although I have noticed the AVG and Spybot can be a wee bit hyper in the past it does not look like they're to blame in this case.

I must have restarted this pc 20 times today.

Sod it, I'm tired, and I'm going home.

PS I've now noticed a bit of white space at the top of my homepage, which is not showing on the website preview. Where the eff did that come from?
                        Football Heaven

Comment

I've got a client also now reporting very slow performance as from this week. We either have a timed bug, a virus of some sort or some recent update is causing this. Very strange.

Comment

The white space may well be the answer George to this mystery. If your website now looks different, i'm guessing you might have been upgraded to IE8 from IE7, as these 2 browsers render some sites differently.

It's got to be linked to that or the recent .NET framework update i'd say.

Comment

Nope, havent upgraded to IE8 yet. I'll look into the .net upgrade shortly.
                              Football Heaven

Comment

The .net upgrade seems to be logged in Feburary. I'll dig a bit deeper.
                                Football Heaven

Comment

Working...
                                X