Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leehack View Post
    LOL Croccy, you could have said:

The black hole of west byfleet, is the place many an email did meet.

Are you not playing?
    tried to play... looked up the lyrics for I cant get no satisfaction... but nothing came....

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
      I cant get no satisfaction... but nothing came....
      My wife's favourite line........

Comment

I agree it is impossible to test all scenarios, I worked alongside a development team with an inhouse computer system they developed, it was for a major insurance company. They had a 20 strong IT team, plus dozens of seconded staff members who worked for weeks at a time testing all systems.

Even then we still found errors when it went live. I think eventually they dumped the system!

Just one thought, we have a really good internet provider, if like me you want instant answers but dont really want to fork out for a whole years support they charge on a "pay per support request" the deal is, if the error turns out to be theirs, you don't pay for their time, if its yours you do!" I think thats really fair. You can also choose from Rapid (15 mins response) or Standard (within 24 hours)

Maybe not possible with software, that company's relate to internet down time, firewall settings etc, but anyway, just a thought into the mix.
        Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what?... Wait!...Where are you going?

Comment

That's a great idea in principle. I've always liked the idea of a paid to be a member forum doing something similar. You pays your membership, ask what you want and always get a team answering your problem. Much the same as you see on here at times, although with some recompense for the answerer.

There are some forums around where you pay a membership and get answers to questions you ask, never been on one though, wonder what it's like in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            There are some forums around where you pay a membership and get answers to questions you ask, never been on one though, wonder what it's like in reality.
            Expertsexchange is one of those, and it pisses me off when I think I've found the answer only to find it's one of their pages and you need to pay to view the answer. Stick to your guns, you can get anything you put your mind to for free. Like the guy with nothing but a paper clip (?), yet through many a trade, he now has a house

Comment

That's the bugger, just as you get all excited, you find payment must be sighted.

Comment

Yes, Actnic is a great package for the small business, really reasonable priced for the level of functionality you get, but to add on annual support can sting a bit.

That doesnt mean some dont really need support and whilst the advice on this forum is brilliant and invaluable, sometimes you need just a little bit too much support to expect someone on this site to spend hours on.

When I first got Actinic last year, I remember Jan from Mole end telling me about hidden products for stock control, I tried hard to "get it" but really I had no idea how to set up a hidden product until I searched harder. I am quite industrious and used to finding stuff out, but for some it must just seem like an impossible task.

In the end I did use one of Jans add ons for creating automatic hidden products for permutations, and I reckon without her help I'd have been a long way down the road before finally figuring it out.

I reckon over time there would be quite a lot of take up on this and it would be fairer to those responding to get paid for their time if people want a more personalized response.

Comment

I was wondering what advice you were asking on Expert Sex Change until I read it again lol

Comment

Originally posted by pinkequine View Post
                    I was wondering what advice you were asking on Expert Sex Change until I read it again lol
                    Yeah. The girlfriend wanted to go to Pen Island, so I wasn't very amused

Comment

lol if my other half was on here now he'd be busy thinking of many more!

Comment

Thanks Ben but as mentioned by both Jo & Lee this was an emailed bug back when one click order processing was introduced / added and has obviously disappeared into the black hole

Comment

Great to hear you guys like Get Satisfaction, as you know I am also a fan.

We promised to trial it as part of the latest beta. If we are going to use it for reporting problems we obviously need to make sure we have the necessary people in place to support it. The last thing I want to do is open it up to you guys 'n gals and not follow up on the reports accurately etc.

Leave it with us, the emails are read, scouts honor.

<Deleted my poetic reply, it sucked>
                          Last edited by Benjamin Dyer; 26-Jun-2009, 05:05 PM. Reason: Taking out my poetic reply as it sucked
                          Benjamin Dyer
                          CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Dyer View Post

Leave it with us, the emails are read, scouts honor.
                            I heard they would not have you

Email sent as requested

Comment

Ok i sent the email and got this reply

Hi there

Please note that I am on holiday until the 6th of July and will not have access to my mails during this time. Please direct quality assurance issues to Krithika on ********@actinic.co.uk . For support issues please use the web form at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Regards

Darren Langley

Actinic Software Ltd
                              I said i heard the scouts did not want you

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
                                I said i heard the scouts did not want you
                                Had you considered the possibility that Ben is Scout Leader and half way up Ben Nevis at this very moment.
                                Darren Guppy
                                Golf Tee Warehouse
                                Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Working...
                                X