Email settings-TLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email settings-TLS

I've just changed our main email address from 'info' to 'sales' and now using TLS IMAP which works fine on PC & Mobile, but I'm buggered if I can get SD14 to send me the test email via Network Settings. I have it set as below example

SMTP server: my domain
    username: sales@**********.co.uk
    password: haveanicedayorwhatever

Hit test, no problem at all, except where's the test email gone to?

I'm convinced there is a file you can manually edit to change the Port Settings for email but I forget where or what it is, OR.....does SD14 not know what the above means despite I found a post from our guru "Graphicz" from 2012

Or perhaps it's the weather and everything has melted, I just don't know

Thanks

Port change tweaks on https://community.sellerdeck.com/sho...d.php?p=355494 posts 1 and 2 are relevant.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I could easily be wrong on this but I thought the ability to send emails using TLS was a new feature in V18.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks Norman, that's what I was looking for.

I could easily be wrong on this but I thought the ability to send emails using TLS was a new feature in V18.

Subject to your web host supporting it, as Graphicz posted something similar in 2012. If you can have emails on your mobile in SSL/TLS which most of us probably do, then you should be able to use these settings in all SD versions in the Network Settings section. I'll try this later today

Comment

Subject to your web host supporting it, as Graphicz posted something similar in 2012. If you can have emails on your mobile in SSL/TLS which most of us probably do, then you should be able to use these settings in all SD versions in the Network Settings section. I'll try this later today
          Maybe you could provide a link to the post as I can't find it and it's hard to see what's being suggested without the original source.

Comment

It was this one I found below Mike, simply because of the settings Jonathan was pointing out, that I thought "Job Done", however, our other guru Norman must have read my mind and kindly pointed out the other thread recently made in Feb this year and again, Norman pointing out you might have to edit a couple of files

As I mentioned, it works fine for me, but no actual TEST EMAILS coming through on my computer, so my job will be to manually edit the port settings as changing stuff in Network Settings does not tell SD what exact Ports it's mean to be connecting to - if that makes sense

https://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=52832

Comment

From what I can see that's just changing the smtp server you're using to send your emails (and yes, you can change the port number too as Norman points out).

TLS uses encryption on top of SMTP for security and as far as I know versions of sellerdeck before V18 cannot do that as it's a new feature.

Mike

Comment

For that Mike, I have no idea about

All I know is that my emails are TLS, yet SD18 has found an issue with sending emails so I have no idea about it

Comment

So it really depends on what you're trying to do.

If you're trying to get Sellerdeck 2014 to connect to and send emails via your mail server using TLS then I don't think you can do that.

Or are you trying to do something else?

Mike

Comment

I've not set this up yet, but all my emails are IMAP incoming and SMTP outgoing which is the same as using my Gmail
                    Which they now class as SSL/TLS

I'm clearly no IT guru but it's worth a try rather than upgrade to a software that doesn't do it yet again

I'd love to see a screen shot of the network settings in SD18 showing TLS connection settings and what a customer has to do in order to get it working

Comment

Originally posted by kev67 View Post
                      I've not set this up yet, but all my emails are IMAP incoming and SMTP outgoing which is the same as using my Gmail
                      Which they now class as SSL/TLS
                      The use of SSL/TLS relates to the connection to the device you are accessing your emails from.

So, your PC/phone/tablet may well be configured to access email through SSL/TLS but that doesn't mean that your SellerDeck website will do so too. SellerDeck 2018 has the ability to use SSL/TLS for email but it also relies on the web server supporting that too.
                      Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                      SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                      Based in rural Northants

Comment

Totally get you on that Andrew, but I think my main point was to try and at least secure all that I can do within my realms of doing so on SD14/SD16. Nothing more and nothing less but I thank you for your comment which means a lot

Comment

Working...
                        X