Update Section Names via Import?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Section Names via Import?

I want to make a small text change to the Section Names for SEO purposes - is it possible to do this via an import either Flat or Hierarchical?

Hi Intrapreneur,

I don't think so because the hierarchical export uses the section name as the key fo the section part of the import.

You could probably change your design to add something to the text though so that the published name has the details you want.

Kind regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Updating may not be possible (as Jan points out).

However it is possible to export a hierarchical file containing your entire Content Tree, edit it to tweak the Section names, and then import the modified hierarchical file, selecting "Replace" instead of "Update".

Best try this on a copy of your site on a spare machine. And back up / Snapshot before trying it for real.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Yes - that will work - trust me to be too literal in my thinking :-)
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

and if you hit any problems with the hierarchical method, this would be a very straightforward process to code into our Catalog Export / Import Plug-in. Currently that only works for products but the principal is the same.
          Andy Barrow
          http://www.codepath.biz
          T: 0161 870 6355

Accredited Sellerdeck development partners since 2004.
          Data import / export and catalog management plug-ins.

Comment

Working...
          X