Upgrading more than one site to v11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading more than one site to v11

OK so I ran the v11 installation, selected to Upgrade v10 sites, but just to be on the cautious side I just chose one of the sites (the smallest) to see what would happen.

It upgraded just fine.

Problem - how do I now upgrade the rest? The help is suggesting snapshot exports and imports, but I did not have to do that for the first site. Also it takes absolutley ages.

Any ideas ?

Jez

Next time you open up an alternate site, it will do it then as i understand, always been like that as far as i can recall. The database gets upgraded via the software upgrade, the site gets upgraded as you open it, or at least it's something like that.

Comment

Ok thanks.
      Not sure I follow.

In the new v11, when I click FILE, SITES it only shows the site I upgraded.
      When I click SITES DIRECTORY and choose the shared folder where the other v10 sites are, it helpfully tells me that these are v10 sites and won't let me continue.

Derr. Going round in circles.

Comment

This is what worked for me: you can simply copy the folder of the website you wish to upgrade from the old sites folder into the v11 sites folder, then edit sites.ini in the v11 sites folder and add the site under [Sites]

e.g.
        Code:
        [Sites]
        Site1=
        Old Site=
        Site3=
        Then when you launch v11, you'll see the site listed and once you launch it, the upgrade process will begin

Comment

I presume you took the 'do not upgrade my sites' option'? if you did then you will need to import a v10 snapshot into v11 for all sites you wish to upgrade after creating a site for each to import over the top of.

Comment

Working...
          X