Upload problem - fails no Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload problem - fails no Error

Has annyone else experienced upload problems?

I have tried uploading in test mode and to a domain name in live mode but it fails everytime. All that happens is the upload box disappears no errors at all. I have managed to update two sites to v11 so this seems to me like a DB problem but just thought i would ask if anyone else has experienced problems.

I have also tried the purge and refresh option under trouble shooting, so might be a call to support

Cheers
    Darren

IME, this is actinic's silent way of telling you there is an FTP or hosting issue, always FTP in my experience. Very frustrating when it happens as it tells you nothing, just vanishes, worse if you've left your desk to do something while it uploads.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      IME, this is actinic's silent way of telling you there is an FTP or hosting issue, always FTP in my experience. Very frustrating when it happens as it tells you nothing, just vanishes, worse if you've left your desk to do something while it uploads.
      im with you on this one with regards FTP issues, and thats a good point im going to turn off silent upload, although V10 uploads no problems so im guessing something is slightly different with the uploading

just tried calling support twice and got cut off both times, are they telling me something?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
        just tried calling support twice and got cut off both times, are they telling me something?
        Cut off as someone was speaking to you or before the call was connected?
        Benjamin Dyer
        CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Hi Ben

Pressed the option button and it then cut off, not got to speak to anyone

Cheers
          Darren

Comment

Definately seems like an FTP problem having spoke to support (Alan) i have adjusted the ftp timeout settings and seeing how it gets on.

I managed to get an upload but had to leave the computer for an hour or so before clicking retry on the ftp error

i will post back my ftp settings when i find a combination that works

Cheers
            Darren

Comment

with some tweaks and advice from actinic i have managed to get an upload.

Turning off FTP compression and removing some larger pdf documents from the additional files upload seems to have done the trick. I will try compression again later but i have other things to fix first.

so it appears its times out with larger files, although these were only 1.5mb it seems they are a problem

Cheers
              Darren

Comment

Working...
              X