No announcement yet.

Sellerdeck 14.0.1 Out of Stock Choices not being hidden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No wonder Sellerdeck wouldnt comment. Its a bug.
    It is hidden on the default site as they utilise the fix they describe to me below so you dont see it on first inspection.

Description: Out of Stock Choices not being hidden
    Bug (ref. SD-5291)

This query has been caused by a bug although there is a workaround that will enable the out of stock option to be removed until such time as the bug is fixed.
    Please go to the component on the products and on the 'General' tab and tick the box 'Include [ ] in Attribute Choice List' and click 'Apply'. If you leave the text box blank it will automatically add 'Please Select' to the drop down box.
    Interestingly it only affects the first entry in the drop down, if the second option is out of stock it is removed regardless of the setting of 'Include'.
    I have over 450 products with lots of choices and rapidly changing stock. Manually changing this on every product is not an option it would take too long. I am hoping they can find a way to change all my products attributes in one go..... hoping... its still with support.
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I ended up exporting a hierarchical file and manually changing from 0 to 1

"every row titled Component you will need to change the column titled "Include no choice label" in the default file I've exported from the software its column "M".
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

To be clear, in case anyone else is struggling with this.

Not only are out of stock choices not all hidden.

Description: Out of Stock Choices not being hidden
        Bug (ref. SD-5291)

Out of Stock choices will also appear in search results.

Description: Out of Stock Choices appearing in search results
        Solution: Bug (ref. [SD-5371])

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=56076
        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

The first bug (ref. SD-5291) shows 'out of stock' choices on the first line of the dropdown only( )

but luckily you cannot order them! that would be a disaster.

A grid would not be a good idea on my store some items have over 20 sizes!

Sellerdeck told me of a fix;
          http://community.sellerdeck.com/showpost.php?p=347985&postcount=16

The second bug, (ref. [SD-5371]) which has no fix, is that if you set up a search in search properties as described here;
          http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=56076
          choices that are out of stock are returned.. making your store look rubbish and illogical.

I have just discovered this this bug has been around since........... v10
          yep.. unbelievable... 4 versions !
          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Just in case anyone reads this thread, I thought I'd give an update

I was told by support today (09.01.2018) that Sellerdeck Bug SD- 5371 is still open... (not fixed)

This must be a record now... 6 years (since v10) and still not fixed... I am finally resigning myself to the fact that it will never be fixed.
            Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
            X