Reviews Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reviews Page

I didn't really know this so others may not too - assuming you use FeeFo.

This from Sellerdeck to one of my clients:

The site design lack the 'Reviews' page link. So at the moment you cannot display your site feedback content without breaching Google's terms and conditions. You need to add the 'Review Basic Link' layout as a fixed layout, wherever you want the link to appear in the site navigation.
    Now even the latest SD version does not have a link to a reviews page but in 'Select Page Type' there is a Reviews Page Body waiting to be used.

Go to Design, Library, Web Page Inner Layout and click open the BrochureInnerLayout selector.
    In 'Values' move Reviews Page Body over the the right hand pane.
    In 'Place of setting' tick 'Brochure'.
    OK and close.

Make a new brochure Page 'Reviews' or whatever.

You don't need a fragment, just click 'Page Settings' and choose 'Reviews Page Body' as the Brochure Inner Layout.

You now have your reviews page which will be linked from the Information Menu.

EDIT:

If using the v16 SD layouts the reviews page link appears if CustomerFeedbackEnabled == true and EnableFeefoContentForSite == true

The site in question here (and many others I guess) was a custom design based on an earlier version brought up to v16.

You can also add this to the info or footer menus:
    Code:
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22CustomerFeedbackEnabled%22%20%2f%3e%20%20AND%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22EnableFeefoContentForSite%22%20%2f%3e" ><li><a href="<actinic:variable name="ReviewPageURL" />"><actinic:variable name="ReviewText" /></a></li></actinic:block>
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Thanks for posting the workaround, Jonathan

even the latest SD version does not have a link to a reviews page
    For clarification, a link to the Reviews page (added in v16.0.0) is included in the navigation in both the Classic and Smart themes. It's conditional on Feefo being enabled and site review content being displayed - otherwise there's nothing to show in the page.

In upgraded sites, the upgrader may not always be able to find the right place to insert it.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

I came across an interesting quirk with this feature today. By pure chance I created a brochure page called reviews.html , this was for magazine reviews that I was manually pasting in, not for FEEFO.

But it appears that the feature talked about in this thread also wants to use reviews.html as its page name. So if you create a brochure page called reviews.html the Reviews link in the footer that should go to the FEEFO reviews actually goes to the brochure page.

I had to change my brochure review page name to get the FEEFO reviews page working.
      Mark Lowery
      Lomo

Comment

Working...
      X