My Sellerdeck Account | Free Trial

Sellerdeck Community & Knowledge Base

Old 26-Mar-2018, 09:21 AM
Administrator
Full Name: Justin Taylor
Community login and software problems

Hi All,

I'm just back from illness and holiday and understand there are significantly frustrating problems with the Sellerdeck Community currently, reported both by staff internally and Community members in the thread below (which kinda got hi-jacked from it's initial purpose).

https://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=57498

This seems to be since updating to HTTPS across the site. It was already my plan to get the Community upgraded to a newer/newest version of vBulletin as soon as practical.

Frankly, I'm not yet sure how difficult this could prove to be. Update to follow!

Justin
Old 26-Mar-2018, 09:29 AM
Administrator
Before I posted the message above, I did some Googling. In the short-term, I've turned on "Add No-Cache HTTP Headers".
If you enable this option, no-cache HTTP headers will be added to each page. These cause full page data to be re-requested from the server every time the user gets a page, which will increase bandwidth; it may additionally cause an increase in server load as it will cause more pages to be served.
My reasoning behind this is that when accessing the site using Incognito/Private Browsing modes in Chrome/Firefox/Safari, vBulletin seems to leave you logged in. (Fully clearing your browser cache does seem to rectify the login/logout issues in our testing but that's not a fix).
Old 27-Mar-2018, 08:56 AM
Full Name: Mike Hughes
Hi Justin,

the forum has been completely broken for me using Chrome the last couple of days.

All I ever seem to get is redirected to https://community.sellerdeck.com/profile.php?do=dst

which says

Quote:
Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.
Which I've tried but it does nothing.

This happens no matter how I get to the forum and seems to persist at the home page and sub forum levels.

The only way I've even managed to get to this post is to find it in IE and then copy the url into Chrome.

This is way worse than before.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Hughes For This Useful Post:
jtaylor (27-Mar-2018)
Old 27-Mar-2018, 09:53 AM
Full Name: Matt McCullough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hughes View Post
Hi Justin,

the forum has been completely broken for me using Chrome the last couple of days.

All I ever seem to get is redirected to https://community.sellerdeck.com/profile.php?do=dst

which says

This happens no matter how I get to the forum and seems to persist at the home page and sub forum levels.

The only way I've even managed to get to this post is to find it in IE and then copy the url into Chrome.

Happy 8,000th post!

I'm not experiencing any issues except for having to force reload every time to check for new posts, and the logout timer is pretty quick as well.
Duncan Rounding (27-Mar-2018)
Old 27-Mar-2018, 11:07 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hughes View Post
Hi Justin,

which says

Thanks for this Mike. Interestingly, I've come in this morning and Safari has kept me logged in and all the posts were up-to-date.

I know that Steve and Ian at Sellerdeck report and confirm that totally clearing cache/cookies etc seems to rectify the problem for them (I believe in Chrome), but as I stated that's impractical for most users.
Old 27-Mar-2018, 12:17 PM
Full Name: Mike Hughes
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSMR View Post
Happy 8,000th post!
That many. Eeek!

Quote:
I know that Steve and Ian at Sellerdeck report and confirm that totally clearing cache/cookies etc seems to rectify the problem for them (I believe in Chrome)
OK. I've now done this and the problem seems to have gone away. Fingers crossed.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Hughes For This Useful Post:
jtaylor (27-Mar-2018)