Google webmaster tools - Internal links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google webmaster tools - Internal links

I am really confused as to what the Google data is telling me on its Internal Links summary. My understanding was that it is supposed to show me the pages on my site that have links from other pages on the site. Shouldn't this be practically every page as they are all linked via the navigation structure?

For some reason Google is only listing 7 of my pages out of 250+ as having internal links.

This implies to me that the navigation is not being seen by Google?

Has anyone got any ideas as I am a little stumped?

I am using the Smart Layout in v8.5

http://www.quantumelectronics.co.uk
    www.quantumAV.co.uk
    Home Cinema Receivers and Speakers for Audio Visual Entertainment
    Authorised Dealers for Yamaha/ Monitor Audio/ Kef/ Onkyo/ Marantz/ Denon/ and more..

Well, its the same here.

I have no idea why.

Google, and what they do and how they do it, makes no sense to me.
    They seem to change on a daily basis, I know that the data i get from the webmasters tools in my google account is not the whole story.
    Steve Indigo

Indigo Herbs of Glastonbury

Indigo Herbs Blog

Comment

Andrew you are using the worst theme and the worst navigation available, i'd expect nothing less, if it wasn't as you are seeing, then i'd be surprised. Get rid of the smart theme and more importantly get rid of cgi-bin navigation.

Comment

Searching the forum gives conflicting views on cgi-bin navigation and Google. Lots of posts refer to Google being able to index this way but obviously as Lee has pointed out my Google reports do not support this view.

For a 'Dummy' like me changing Theme is not as easy as it may sound.

Is there a way of changing the navigation in the Smart Theme so as not to use the cgi-bin eg by copying it across from another similar theme?

Alternatively I will try differing themes to try and get something that looks right. How can you tell which themes use the cgi-bin for navigaton and more importantly which ones don't?
        www.quantumAV.co.uk
        Home Cinema Receivers and Speakers for Audio Visual Entertainment
        Authorised Dealers for Yamaha/ Monitor Audio/ Kef/ Onkyo/ Marantz/ Denon/ and more..

Comment

Working...
        X