No announcement yet.

whats happened!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please be gentle if this is a dumb statement and if Google have stopped indexing then it may be too late, but it could help!

However, would it not be possible to upload the old site with the old site names again if they were so popular. Then to put a link on each old page redirecting to the new site such as "Buy it here". May take a while but would be worth it and can always use a customised fragment or whatever.

Then the old site gets the current rankings, redirects Google to the new site and boosts the visibility of the new site, whilst sales keep coming in, one shopping basket is used (stock etc) and customers get to know the new site. Then slowly drop off the old site as the new one is getting used.

Personally, having moved from other systems myself, I would NEVER just upgrade a new site with new names without having a system in place to redirect pages - just too costly by way of SEO.
    Sam
    http://www.originaltouch.co.uk
    http://www.spcb.co.uk

If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.

Failure is the tuition you pay for success.

Comment

However, would it not be possible to upload the old site with the old site names again if they were so popular.
      Not really as it was an express site and has been shut down.

Personally, having moved from other systems myself, I would NEVER just upgrade a new site with new names without having a system in place to redirect pages - just too costly by way of SEO.
      Exactly - but you live and learn

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
        Not really as it was an express site and has been shut down.

Exactly - but you live and learn
        Yes we do - Web technology is not my forte - if you want server set up a network building then I am your man - but the web! minimal knowledge hence why we upgraded with the "help" of Actnic.

Still the sales are picking up - finally
        www.craftyaddicts.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by heavenlygirl View Post
          I am your man
          Hmmmm that conjures up some odd images

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
            Hmmmm that conjures up some odd images
            Yes I bet it does
            www.craftyaddicts.co.uk

Comment