No announcement yet.

Site Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done it looks great. Looks like you've taken onboard everones advice, which is refreshing to see and as has already been mentioned thanking everyone was a very good of you.

I have noticed that no matter which tab you selceted in the top nav bar "OLPS Quick Links" seems to remain red as the current link. It may confuse simple customers, beleive me eveyone has them

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Onlinepackagingshop

Originally posted by webD View Post
      Well done it looks great. Looks like you've taken onboard everones advice, which is refreshing to see and as has already been mentioned thanking everyone was a very good of you.

I have noticed that no matter which tab you selceted in the top nav bar "OLPS Quick Links" seems to remain red as the current link. It may confuse simple customers, beleive me eveyone has them
      Hi WebD

Mmm yep it would probally confuse them. i will change it today.
      Christian

Comment

Badger,

got my order this morning..
        i will definately be ordering from you again.
        i will also send you an e-mail about printing and different size bags when these run low.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
          Thanks Lee, i need it to work! I am right in thinking http://www.atlanticshopping.co.uk/ is your doing Lee?
          I did build that site yes.

I think its fantastic, i would like to have my products laid out the same. I am in the middle of changing the site to one product per page, i have read that this is a better way forward with SEO in mind. Am i correct?
          It's not a 100% blanket decision that all products should be SPP, but if you have at least 80-100 words for a product then it is usually correct to go SPP IMO.

Lee could i ask you how you went about getting your sections and product page to look like it does.
          Reading and learning html and CSS to be honest. To change things of this sort you need to have a pretty high level of html and css knowledge. It's more something that you pickup over years rather than a quick tutorial or instruction.

Comment

I usually refrain from posting on site reviews because the only people you really have to please are your "suspects" otherwise known as "potential customers" but purely from a marketing viewpoint, as Malc mentioned earlier in the thread, you are wasting far to much prized selling space above the fold with that enormous £50 banner that just takes you to the terms and conditions.

This is wrong for two reasons.
            All sites have literally seconds to grab a suspect when they land on the homepage and all I see on your site is a huge red £50. I realise I am repeating what others have said here but it really dominates the page to the extent that I cannot instantly work out what you are selling.

But even worse than this this banner pushes the lovely big red buy button, these things simply out perform any other buy button I have ever tested so it's great to see you using them, off the bottom of the screen so to make a purchase I would have to scroll.

Like most customers I am both lazy and in a hurry so once I make the buying decision I have to click the buy button not search for one off the screen.

Lose the banner, shrink it or incorporate the key "free delivery" price point into the header or even turn it through 90 degrees and stick on the right hand side of your pages where the majority of suspects expect to find such things.

The OLPS Quick links just takes me back to the homepage so why not just have "Home" written on it instead?

Just my two cents.
            Overall a cracking site that deserves to succeed and I hope it does.

Comment

Originally posted by super cat View Post
              Badger,

got my order this morning..
              i will definately be ordering from you again.
              i will also send you an e-mail about printing and different size bags when these run low.
              Thanks, drop us a line when you are ready. We are an Industrial and Retail Packaging Company. We can supply and print most products.

Christian.

Comment

Onlinepackagingshop

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                I did build that site yes.

It's not a 100% blanket decision that all products should be SPP, but if you have at least 80-100 words for a product then it is usually correct to go SPP IMO.

Reading and learning html and CSS to be honest. To change things of this sort you need to have a pretty high level of html and css knowledge. It's more something that you pickup over years rather than a quick tutorial or instruction.
                Hi Lee, many thanks for your input. I have have to upload my new product page. It wasnt that hard really in the end.

Christian

Comment

Onlinepackagingshop

Originally posted by bamboo View Post
                  I usually refrain from posting on site reviews because the only people you really have to please are your "suspects" otherwise known as "potential customers" but purely from a marketing viewpoint, as Malc mentioned earlier in the thread, you are wasting far to much prized selling space above the fold with that enormous £50 banner that just takes you to the terms and conditions.

This is wrong for two reasons.
                  All sites have literally seconds to grab a suspect when they land on the homepage and all I see on your site is a huge red £50. I realise I am repeating what others have said here but it really dominates the page to the extent that I cannot instantly work out what you are selling.

But even worse than this this banner pushes the lovely big red buy button, these things simply out perform any other buy button I have ever tested so it's great to see you using them, off the bottom of the screen so to make a purchase I would have to scroll.

Like most customers I am both lazy and in a hurry so once I make the buying decision I have to click the buy button not search for one off the screen.

Lose the banner, shrink it or incorporate the key "free delivery" price point into the header or even turn it through 90 degrees and stick on the right hand side of your pages where the majority of suspects expect to find such things.

The OLPS Quick links just takes me back to the homepage so why not just have "Home" written on it instead?

Just my two cents.
                  Overall a cracking site that deserves to succeed and I hope it does.
                  Thanks for your kind review. i agree with all you have said and will update today. I think you should continue your reviews. You have a keen eye and you have provide me with some good feedback. keep up the support.

Christian

Comment

A couple of points from my opinion....

I like the clean uncluttered lines of the site.

I would consider changing the products that are the same excepting the size or colour etc into one product with components and choices as relevant - it's hard when browsing to both find the product in the size that you want as well even know the range of sizes available.

I would make the Add to Basket and More Info button rollovers the same as the View Basket and Pay Now in the top right.

The delivery pricing at the bottom of the page - this is only seen if I bother to scroll all the way to bottom - it also looks a bit strange that you have the £1.14 related text in such a small font. I would say something like 'Delivery from £1.14 for orders under £50' with a link to your info page rather than the homepage - it's also not so clear that it is clickeable. You might also consider adding the 'from £1.14' to the £50 image at the top.

I expected that I could click on the pictures of the box, tape or roll of bags in the top £50 image and go to that section. You might consider splitting this image and adding links to do that.

Comment

Onlinepackagingshop

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                      A couple of points from my opinion....

I like the clean uncluttered lines of the site.

I would consider changing the products that are the same excepting the size or colour etc into one product with components and choices as relevant - it's hard when browsing to both find the product in the size that you want as well even know the range of sizes available.

I would make the Add to Basket and More Info button rollovers the same as the View Basket and Pay Now in the top right.

The delivery pricing at the bottom of the page - this is only seen if I bother to scroll all the way to bottom - it also looks a bit strange that you have the £1.14 related text in such a small font. I would say something like 'Delivery from £1.14 for orders under £50' with a link to your info page rather than the homepage - it's also not so clear that it is clickeable. You might also consider adding the 'from £1.14' to the £50 image at the top.

I expected that I could click on the pictures of the box, tape or roll of bags in the top £50 image and go to that section. You might consider splitting this image and adding links to do that.
                      Hi there.
                      many thanks for you kind input. I am sat here doing what you have said right now. I agree with all of your comments.

Thanks again
                      Christian

Comment

I took a look at the cartons section (because I need to buy some), you have used the same picture for all sizes, I would much prefer to see a picture of what you are actually buying. Same for bubble wrap.

Regards,
                        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                        Multichannel order processing
                        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Onlinepackagingshop

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                          I took a look at the cartons section (because I need to buy some), you have used the same picture for all sizes, I would much prefer to see a picture of what you are actually buying. Same for bubble wrap.

Regards,
                          Hi Jan

Thanks for your input. Please feel free to order, the cartons are a very good grade and we have plenty of stock. If you need higher quantities the get in touch. I can address the price for you.

I agree with your point. I will be improving images on a daily basis so watch this space. I will email SealedAir to see if i can get some bubble images.

Thanks again Jan.

New upload should be sometime today. Its Sunday and i can feel a walk on Hove Seafront, couple of pints and Sunday dinner. Then a few more hours in development (my girlfriend is pulling her hair out) is in order.

Christian

Comment

Is the price for "12 x 9 x 9 Single Wall Carton" correct as they are around 1/3 cheaper than the smaller "9 x 6 x 6 Single Wall Carton"
                            Darren Guppy
                            Golf Tee Warehouse
                            Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Onlinepackagingshop

Originally posted by Golf Tee Warehouse View Post
                              Is the price for "12 x 9 x 9 Single Wall Carton" correct as they are around 1/3 cheaper than the smaller "9 x 6 x 6 Single Wall Carton"
                              Hi there, yes prices are correct. As a Packaging company we can offer better prices on our best sold items. The more we buy in, the cheaper we can sell them for.
                              Christian

Comment

Onlinepackagingshop

Morning all. I have finnally uploaded a new snapshot. Thanks for all your kind advice you have given. For those who posted comments i think you will see i have taken notice.

A few things i know need tweeking are the more info pages. (working on that today). More information will be present on the products page. All products will show 3 also bought links. background image will be linked to the terms & conds page.

http://www.onlinepackagingshop.co.uk

I would welcome more comments if you have the time.

Thanks again.
                                Christian

Comment

Working...
                                X