No announcement yet.

XML Sitemaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont think that its position in the site is important.

its actually possible to manually upload your sitemap, and so its not even important that its there or not. its inly important if you need google to come and get it regularly, using their scheduled downloads.

I have been working on a set of code that builds the sitemap in Actinic, and uploads this file when you upload your catalog. As of yesterday, it supports change frequency and priority, set at the section level, in the actinic interface.

For those people with less rigid structures (different depths to your sections) this really is the only way we could think of. I did try setting the value of priority, relative to the depth of the section, but sometimes that does not work, for example, if you have products directly off a main section, and then a section 4 deep in, with spp products in it. the only choice was to set the priority on a per page basis, yes, more time consuming, but ultimately, more control over what is more important to you.

As the sites show changes, i'll certainly let you all know how we're getting on.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Sorry John, I must have been looking at your actinic sitemap link.
      Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

Comment

Have read this post with interest, and saw Jan's post about updating the google sitemap generator plugin.

Can anyone confirm if this has been done yet?

Comment

Cheers. Maybe a good idea to upload a sitemap on the website.

Can anyone tell me the template file I need to modify in order to make the sitemap.html file easier on the eye? I find the standard sitemap on the website to look a bit naff.

Comment

Originally posted by GAViN™© View Post
            Have read this post with interest, and saw Jan's post about updating the google sitemap generator plugin.

Can anyone confirm if this has been done yet?
            It hasn't been done yet, it's still on the list though.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan.

Early next year?

Comment

For anyone interested, Jan dropped me an e-mail and informed me this was on a the "to do" list, and since this is something she herself requires for her own site, *might* help push this up to the top of the pile

Comment

Hi Chaps,

Just a note to let you know that the changes I have been talking about in here for my free sitemap generator program are now available in beta, the changes are :

Additional information pages are now included in the listing
                  Priority can be specified for each page
                  Change frequency can be specified for each page
                  You can define a list of extra pages to include in the sitemap
                  A couple of bug fixes
                  Improved interface for user defined variable selection.

The beta is available here if you would like to try it:

http://www.mole-end.biz/download/ME_...Mash251108.exe

Regards,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                  Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                  A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Multichannel order processing
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Great stuff Jan, will be installing this beta version this morning.

Comment

XML sitemaps

Thanks John for your thread, which I first read in September when I looking for xml sitemapping software for one of my sites. I recently made some some changes and notice a drop off in vistitors, so I double check google, and found I had lost links etc etc, and quickly relocated your articale. So thank John, my site back up google, and I gain some extra links to boot!

www.mctooling.com
                      www.astonlee.com

People remember the quality of your products, long after they have forgotten the price they paid!
                      Regards
                      Alan

www.astonlee.com
                      www.mctooling.com
                      www.subconeng.com

Comment

Just found this thread - many thanks for sharing this John
                        It's been a couple of months now - have any of you that have changed your xml sitemaps seen any noticeable changes?

Gabe - do you have an update?

I must say that Pinbrooks idea of stripping out everything but the SPP's and Index sounds appealing.

TIA
                        Kind Regards
                        Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Working...
                        X