No announcement yet.

Single use Coupons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect that it cannot apply a discount until a product has been added, so putting the code in before adding a product to cart effectively does nothing.

Comment

Even so I wish I had a shop I could go in and use a Single use voucher for £x.xx and get all the whole contents of my trolley FOC regardsless of my voucher value.
      Therefore its clearly not working correctly is it?

Anyway that does not really involve me I was just trying to find a way of using a voucher for goods lower than the voucher value and in the proccess found several flaws.

What I would like is single use vouchers to do, is to be able to be used for goods lower than the value and once the customer has checked out the vouchers is cancelled regardless of the value. I would then work out the difference and send another voucher to this customer for the remainder, so on an so on! (exactly like we do in the shops).

As said before this can't be that difficult surely?

This in my opinion would also bring customers back to my site! And give THEM the choice wether to use the voucher in full or not.

Comment

I think it is very difficult to do in all honesty. For starters you would need some sort of credit account per customer with a voucher and they would then need to purchase using that balance. You might be thinking i can do it manually myself, perhaps you could but what about a site with 150 orders a day, the full spectrum needs to be looked at.

What i think should be reasonably easy to change is the ability for a customer to use a £15 voucher on a £12.99 product and just write the change off. Even that has concerns though, clearly you have to specifically ask the customer and then record that they agreed to this. Imagine someone with a £50 voucher buy a £20 product, not realising they were writing off £30 etc.

It's never as straightforward as you think unfortunately, there are always loopholes and creating a system where a site owner has to get manually involved to that extent is not a solution.

Might be an idea to put your ideas into the wishlist forum though for consideration, it's almost certainly an area that can be improved and to be fair we are seeing the very first version of this new addition to the software, it will always be up for some improvements or problems that have not been found so far.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
          What i think should be reasonably easy to change is the ability for a customer to use a £15 voucher on a £12.99 product and just write the change off. Even that has concerns though, clearly you have to specifically ask the customer and then record that they agreed to this. Imagine someone with a £50 voucher buy a £20 product, not realising they were writing off £30 etc.
          You can achieve this by changing the configuration slightly:

Using the default Actinic site as an example:
          1. Go to 'Marketing | Discounts, Surcharges and Coupons...'
          2. Switch to 'Cart Contents' tab
          3. Create a new discount
          4. Tick 'Enabled'
          5. Set 'Based on' to 'Quantity' and set the trigger to 1
          6. Tick 'Requires Coupon Code'
          7. Select a coupon type you want to use
          8. Select the relevant product group
          9. Set the 'Reward Type' to be '£ off'
          10. Set a 'Reward Amount' for example £10.00
          11. Tick 'Only one reward per order' if you want to restrict the discount for one per order

Now change the price for a Digital Camera to £9.99 and refresh the site.

Buy the Digital camera online and enter the coupon code and you will see as the purchase price is less than 10 pounds, the whole amount has been discounted and the surplus discarded, ie, from the example the coupon discounts £10.00, so if somebody orders a product of £7.00 then they lose £3.00

How much of the coupon that has been used will be shown in the downloaded order, so if you wish you can send a another coupon for the remainder (in the example £3.00), but it is not automated.

NOTE: If after the coupon has been entered and applied, the customer then returns to the catalog before completing the order and adds an item that is more expensive than the previously discounted item, this will then become the discounted item.

Comment

Hi G.W. Green,

Thank you for looking into it, however I have tried this one and unfortunately it only kinda works, forgot what the problem was so did an upload (attached)

The problem seems to be in which order and value you add the items!

If you add a item below the value your right it cancels that value!

If you then add an item higher than the value of the voucher along with the original then it knocks off the voucher value, again your right.

However if the second item you add is still totalling a value lower than the voucher it seems to just deduct the original item only (see attached) and sticks with this value no matter what you add?

The voucher value in the preview is £10 and created using your instructions.

Regards Repy.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Repy,

Just a question (or 2). Is that Bach Flower Remedy in the same Product Group as the Discount Group.

Have you tried Marketing - Discounts, Surcharges and Coupons - Miscellaneous

And on that tab choose Cart Content Discounts at End of Cart

Might help I hope?
              Ben Adcock
              Caged Fish Web Design

Comment

Hi Mediacat,

Thank you for the input

All products are in the same group "All"

I did as you suggested and ticked the "Cart Content Discounts at End of Cart" pressed apply and did an upload.

No change I'm afraid, it only discounts the highest priced product if the total is below the voucher value.

Thanks again for trying.

Regards Repy.

Comment

Working...
                X