No announcement yet.

Free Carriage with Coupon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either one variable, or a set of discrete ones would work.

If one variable, let user type in comma separated list. Use Perl to split list into an array and trim whitespace.

If a set of discrete variables, some code to ignore empty entries might be useful.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Adjusting the Adjustments

It was brought to my attention today that my code only works for order level discounts but not cart content discounts as the minimum reward is a penny off so it will reduce the price as well as apply the shipping.

So to adjust this adjustment

within ActinicDiscount.pm search for

Code:
      # Now add it to the list of adjustments
      #
      and immediately after these lines paste the following

Code:
      #give me back the penny as i only want to give free delivery

if($::g_PaymentInfo{'COUPONCODE'} eq 'YOURCOUPON')
      {
      my @Response = ActinicDiscounts::ValidateCoupon($::g_PaymentInfo{'COUPONCODE'});
      if ($Response[0] != $::FAILURE)
      {
      if ($nAdjustment == -1){
      $nAdjustment = 0;
      }
      }
      }
      This will add back the penny to a Cart Content Discount (£0.01) with CouponCode of 'YOURCOUPON'.

Any other Cart Content Discount that has a greater reward should work as per usual.

NOTE: The previously supplied free delivery coupon code still has to be within the ShippingTemplate.pl
      Last edited by mediacat; 23-Feb-2012, 02:08 PM. Reason: typo on word paste
      Ben Adcock
      Caged Fish Web Design

Comment

This is now added to the Knowledge Base and can be found here.
        (Thanks again to Ben)

Regards
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Just on the off-chance.....

Is it possible to tweak this so it's carriage free on orders over, say £50?

Comment

You can do that in your own shipping tables.
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
              You can do that in your own shipping tables.
              That was by initial thought, but I guess you might want it only applied to customers using a discount code and not to every customer spending over £50.
              Darren Guppy
              Golf Tee Warehouse
              Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Isn't it done by a coupon still anyway, so just set the rules up on that?

Comment

I thought Jules was suggesting not to use the above code but just use the built-inoptions already available in the Actinic shipping tables and not use the coupon code, but thinking again I think you are right you can probably use the options available in the discounts area.
                  Darren Guppy
                  Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Yep, I was thinking about the shipping tables but Lee (as ever) is right, a normal discount would work with the threshold set to £50 and coupon code.

I have used the script change so kindly donated in this thread to great effect by the way. Biggest ever response to a mailing last week. Much higher resultant order rate than on 10% off coupon codes we've offered in the past.
                    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I think customers like to see all in pricing - ie no additional shipping costs. Many also think that 10% off these days is too small to make much difference, especially on lower value goods.

Comment

Its probably the psychological effect of FREE delivery against 10% OFF. The word free just rings bells for people i guess. FREE 10% off - try that one lol.

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
                          I have used the script change so kindly donated in this thread to great effect by the way. Biggest ever response to a mailing last week. Much higher resultant order rate than on 10% off coupon codes we've offered in the past.
                          Glad it helped you out.
                          Ben Adcock
                          Caged Fish Web Design

Comment

I would like to use the above FREE DELIVERY coupon coding but restrict it's use to UK only, am I correct in assuming that I can't and free delivery will be applied to international customers also, which could be very costly.
                            Darren Guppy
                            Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

I think this is true for all coupons within actinic, unless restricted by date, or customer group, anyone with that code can use it.

So If you restrict the coupon you use to a customer group in your actinic say "uk customers". Then it will work. as the code used is still validated before use.
                              Ben Adcock
                              Caged Fish Web Design

Comment

I will be sending the coupon code out in an email to previous customers, but they are not customers with accounts so I assume I cannot then put them into customer groups.

My best bet might be to remove any non-uk email addresses from the mailing list and state that the code only applies to UK delivery addresses.

As I am currently changing my shipping basis to flat rate shipping for UK deliveries from the current weight based I could offer a set discount amount equivalent to the shipping charge and naming it 'Shipping Refund' or similar thereby allowing International customers to obtain a discount off there shipping charges. This is not as slick as the full free shipping code posted above but should work.
                                Darren Guppy
                                Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Working...
                                X