Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Paul,
    Thanks for you replies.
    301 redirect set up and working using robotes.txt file. Most of all your suggestions have been implemented now and its just a case of waiting to see what happens.
    Thanks
    Mike
    https://www.headboardsuk.co.uk

Comment

The redirect isn't quite working as the link on the first page goes to store not acatalog.
      Peblaco

Comment

Hi louise
        Thank you for pointing that out took a while but eventually found htaccess file playing up but all redirects now going to right place. I hope my site starts moving in the right direction now cos i am all out of ideas??.
        Thanks again
        Mike

Comment

The other aspect not mentioned here yet, but worth adding to the mix, is inbound link profiles.

It may not be directly your issue (and given the issues already highlighted I think you should now be back on track), however several sites, including some large ones (e.g. Interflora!) have been getting penalised recently after algorithm updates due to their inbound link profile.
          i.e. Google see's the profile and range of links coming "into" the site as being unnatural and penalises that term or terms for that website. We have seen sites where certain terms are on page 1 whilst other terms that shared the same position have been removed entirely from the index for the same site!

As I said, may not be applicable in your case, but worth adding to the mix.
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Hi Furgus,
            Have been going though my links using webmaster tools and also using Google disavow tool found i had a lot of sites with 200- 400 links going to just one page of my site so have been deleting any with more than 10 links back to me to start with hasent done anything so far but its only been 4-5 weeks give it a bit longer before having another harvest.
            Thanks for the advice.
            regards
            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by lounge2 View Post
              found i had a lot of sites with 200- 400 links going to just one page of my site
              If a link profile looks or feels wrong,dodgy or suspicious then chances are Google will see it that way too.

Keep us posted on the progress. This kind of sharing of problems (and resolutions) is invaluable for the forum community.
              Fergus Weir - teclan ltd

SellerDeck Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
                Lee old bean, well done on your postings being over 15,000 and each one real value to the reader

I think Sellerdeck should give everyone with over say 10,000 posts a bloody good bottle of malt whisky or wine as a thanks you, as without this sort of support given freely the forum would be much the poorer

God show old boy
                Lee, congratulations, I'd buy you a bottle of something nice but it would ruin your exercise regime!

No in all seriousness thats a great idea, there is something in the post for you.

Ben
                Benjamin Dyer
                CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

[Note to self - must post much more often]
                  Great milestone Lee. !!
                  We should do a "top ten" countdown of your best posts!
                  Fergus Weir - teclan ltd

SellerDeck Hosting

Comment

Cheers Ben, much appreciated.

Ooh Sharkey that would be a challenge, I could probably recall the top 10 that got me a rollocking in my earlier years.

Comment

Update on page ranking.

Hi,
                      Just thought i would update you on how my site www.headboardsuk.co.uk is doing after 3 months and the short of it not to well.
                      My product pages are all doing much better but home page and top section pages still about page 50-70 home page for keyword headboards floats around 68 page.
                      It did shoot up to page 30 just after the penguin update in May and i thought my prayers had been answered but has gone back now to the 60s.
                      Still attacking links but the process is slow to register in webmaster tools.
                      So lost for what's going on!! any new ideas or even old ones would be appreciated.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X