my first site review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my first site review

Well, this is something I normally don't do, but i cant resist.

its in the final stages of being done, please bear in mind that this site is in the middle of a dns changeover too, so it may be a bit wobbly for some people:

http://www.uktactical.com/

In 1996 a crack e-commerce unit was sent to CSS prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These layouts promptly escaped from a maximum security library to the Middlesborough underground.

Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the Actinet-Team.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

And I don't normally review sites, but since it's you...

I really like it, think it suits the market very well. Three things I noticed:-

You only have 3 images across the page for your sections, looks to me like you could fit 4 across and get rid of the blank space at the right hand side.

No prices in the sections containing products, would be much easier if I could see the price without having to go into the product.

I can't seem to see any easy way to get back to the home page.

Best sellers and new and latest links bust.

HTH
      Cheers

David
      Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Originally posted by jont
        In 1996 a crack e-commerce unit was sent to CSS prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These layouts promptly escaped from a maximum security library to the Middlesborough underground.

Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the Actinet-Team.
        lol, i cant decide if that was a thumbs up or down jont.

you're too cryptic for me nowadays.

Comment

I like the use of the background images.

My only concern is that perhaps English is not going to suit the target audience.

Comment

Am I missing something? The site's not so much wobbly - as inaccessible (at least, it has been for me the three times I've tried).

Anyway, I'm sure it's a little cracker
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

a dns changeover is in progress.

what isp are you on?

Comment

I have the same problem, so guess the DNS changes are still working through the system. I'm on BTinternet in London.
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

bloody internet

Comment

bloody internet
                    Its down for me as well - must be in stealth mode

Comment

i can see it on 91.103.220.24 its abit slow to load images, i'm using virgin media with openDNS

One minor niggle on 800 res (I know I know, but i'm using 800 on my eee pc) you loose half the O on Order in the top banner and part of the W on we accept. I aplaud the fluid design though.

Comment

opendns pwns.

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe
                          lol, i cant decide if that was a thumbs up or down jont.

you're too cryptic for me nowadays.
                          Gabe: Are you too young to get the joke here? Its a parody of the intro voice-over from a 70's action series called The A-Team.

Apologies if I'm stating the obvious.

Comment

Nice site Gabe. (Even though I can't see the product piccies).
                            I think the shop name in the top-left corner could be a bit bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by acompton
                              Gabe: Are you too young to get the joke here? Its a parody of the intro voice-over from a 70's action series called The A-Team.

Apologies if I'm stating the obvious.
                              i know that you fluffer.

eeshk. give me credit!!

btw: 1983

Comment

Working...
                              X