No announcement yet.

Uncompressed site - Google traffic doubled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mal - look at *link deleted* example and after the product images ... there are 13 lines of whitespace before the closing </p>

These can be if also boughts are empty, other info boxes not used, etc, etc ... they come from everywhere

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Jonty for 10K before the end of the day?

Comment

13 lines of whitespace
        I dont think that much will cause problems TBH - I thought you were talking about hundreds of lines as Ive seen in some sites which when you look at them they have little bits of code everywhere

Comment

Uncompressed sites

Hi All.
          I don't know about Google yet, but I can say that uncompressing the site seems to cut about an hour off of a site refresh. The process of checking the pages and HTML seems a lot quicker, as did the upload.

We will see if it brings any increase in orders over the weekend.

Does not seem to have affected the speed the pages load at either.
          Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
          www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

With my site compressed I only had 430 out of 1974 pages listed on Google. After 2 to 3 weeks of running an uncompressed site this has now risen to 1490 as well as shaving an hour off my upload time.

A big thanks to Stereo Steve for the tip.

Kind regards

Jason
            Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
            Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Seem remarkably similar to my experience. I should add that we are still getting more and more pages indexed on a weekly basis since the switch. Does seem to be something in it. Always difficult to tell with these things though.
              Blank DVD
              Cloth Nappies

Comment

Working...
              X