Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onlinepackagingshop

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
    When I click on the horizontal nav bar I dont see any change as most of the content is below the fold ie the site looks broken
    Hi Mal.
    Thanks for your input.
    I agree with this and i will make some changes today.
    Christian

Comment

Originally posted by fleetwood View Post
      Just to echo whats already been said - the flashing £50 is a no-no, as is the bouncing 'i' for more info on the product pages (seriously made me feel queasy!)

Otherwise, a nice overall look, but still needs a fair bit of fine tuning eg too much white space on pages I looked at, made the pages look a little less professional than they could. For this type of product, I would suggest the site needs to look as professional as possible, to match the service you are trying to offer.
      Morning Fleetwood.
      Thanks for your input. The Flashing has gone. No more flashing "I" on the more info button.
      I will also work on the look and ask you to take another look shortly.

Christian

Comment

Onlinepackagingshop

Originally posted by webD View Post
        I've only looked at a couple of cataories, but your extended info pages don't seem to have much, if any, extra info in them! Do you really need them?

The images on some of your pages seem to take a little while to load up. Has anyone else noticed this?
        Hi webD
        Thanks for the input. Possibly down to the server prowebhost. We may be moving. I am working on the extended info as we speak.

Christian

Comment

Onlinepackagingshop

Originally posted by leehack View Post
          Again the £50 is awful, it annoys the hell out of you, it has a grammatical error (term not terms) and you cannot click on it to go see the info, seriously, don't be stubborn, get rid of it.

The more info button too, 'more info' makes me think I am going to get some better images or some more in depth information or maybe even both, i actually get none of that on the 10 products I clicked upon. The button would be better called 'you already know this' or 'pointless click', one of my pet hates that, larger image or more info option offered and absolutely zilch extra provided.

Sites seems very slow, either on poor hosting or your images need optimising (this may have just been a blip though). Not a bad feel to it though overall, just lacking the usual 'have a look at things from a user's POV'.
          Hi Lee
          Thanks for taking the time to take a peek. Grammatical errors are gone as is the Flashing £50. Working on the extended as we speak.

Which have a look at things am i missing Lee?

Christian

Comment

Onlinepackagingshop

Originally posted by super cat View Post
            website looks O.K to me.

just ordered some items to compare with my existing suppliers..., hope to receive them soon.

Hi super cat

Many thanks for you order. They are going on the Courier this afternoon and will be with you tommorow. I did notice your comments with the order. Thank you.
            Christian

Comment

Hi Christian

Have been back to the site, and as before I'm very impressed with the look, but the big 50 is still there, although not flashing.

Please have a look at http://www.atlanticshopping.co.uk/ in which Lee has got the same message across, but in a more subtle manner.

As it is, your eye is drawn straight to the £50, which I'm sure you'd prefer your customers to be looking at the products for sale.

Cheers

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Tricky View Post
                Hi Christian

Have been back to the site, and as before I'm very impressed with the look, but the big 50 is still there, although not flashing.

Please have a look at http://www.atlanticshopping.co.uk/ in which Lee has got the same message across, but in a more subtle manner.

As it is, your eye is drawn straight to the £50, which I'm sure you'd prefer your customers to be looking at the products for sale.

Cheers

Richard
                Hi Richard. Point taken, i agree i prefer Lee's way. I will get it changed.

Many thanks for your thoughts.
                Christian

Comment

Christian
                  Well done on taking the time to reply to all who have left you comments.
                  Its a courtesy that too many fail to do.
                  Look forward to seeing your site come together.

Comment

I'd certainly second that, not only did you listen and act upon the feedback people provided, you also thanked each of them. I think you are the first person to do both, nice one, lets hope you get more success because of it.

Comment

you also thanked each of them. I think you are the first person to do both, nice one, lets hope you get more success because of it
                      Yes - you had me confused for a while (easy to do) as to what you were doing but it is as lee says the fist time anyone has taken the time to do it.

I stopped posting on site reviews a while back because of the thankless comments you got from ops but Ill certainly post again here

Comment

Nice one, I like it. Near enough everything looks fine and dandy now, though maybe a little fine tuning for SEO purposes wouldn't go a miss.

Cheers,
                        Grant

Comment

Onlinepackagingshop

Originally posted by fleetwood View Post
                          Christian
                          Well done on taking the time to reply to all who have left you comments.
                          Its a courtesy that too many fail to do.
                          Look forward to seeing your site come together.
                          Thanks Fleetwood, i thought it would be courteous to answer everyone that had taken time to review.

Christian

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                            I'd certainly second that, not only did you listen and act upon the feedback people provided, you also thanked each of them. I think you are the first person to do both, nice one, lets hope you get more success because of it.
                            Thanks Lee, i need it to work! I am right in thinking http://www.atlanticshopping.co.uk/ is your doing Lee?

I think its fantastic, i would like to have my products laid out the same. I am in the middle of changing the site to one product per page, i have read that this is a better way forward with SEO in mind. Am i correct?

Lee could i ask you how you went about getting your sections and product page to look like it does.

many thanks
                            Christian

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
                              Yes - you had me confused for a while (easy to do) as to what you were doing but it is as lee says the fist time anyone has taken the time to do it.

I stopped posting on site reviews a while back because of the thankless comments you got from ops but Ill certainly post again here
                              Hi Rural, perhaps its the way forward. It can only help the forum.

Christian

Comment

Onlinepackagingshop

Originally posted by grantglendinnin View Post
                                Nice one, I like it. Near enough everything looks fine and dandy now, though maybe a little fine tuning for SEO purposes wouldn't go a miss.

Cheers,
                                Grant
                                Hi Grant
                                What fine tuning would you recommend for the site. i took your post to mean changing to one product per page. Am i correct?

Christian

Comment

Working...
                                X