X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once you have done those changes - post back and we can look at it again

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
      The webfusion hosting (30 day trial on my website)
      Yep! - thats where I got it !!! Thanks
      8mm cine to dvd transfer

The only problem with an open mind is people keep trying to fill it!

Comment

Ignore

test my signature
        8mm cine to dvd transfer

Comment

You should be working not posting

Comment

still working on this everyone ! The delay has been re-writing the entire site for unique content. Prob was I just copy and pasted all the details from the old site. Google saw my NEW site as a duplicate and gave me poor ranking.

I couldn't take the old site down as its not ours - its another firm who pass us business and want to keep it up.

UNIQUE CONTENT - was suggested my Norman and MAL and they are ABSOLUTELY right see this report http://www.marketingdon.com/2008/06/...nt-for-google/ Can't thank you enough particularly Mal
            8mm cine to dvd transfer

Comment

index title

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
              Just had a quick look for you and perhaps an index tile of 8mm cine to dvd transfer wouldbe a better place to start.
              Mal / anyone,

I understood all the other stuff but regarding your use of work INDEX

does this mean that I change the HOME PAGE - PAGE SETTING | PAGE FILE NAME from "index.html" to "8mm cine to dvd transfer.html" ? or should I leave this.
              8mm cine to dvd transfer

Comment

Leave the page file name alone and change the page title

Comment

ooooh you scared me - that was quick !!!

thought so, thats great many thanks. 1 other little thing Mal ...

I changed my /acatalog/ to say /cine/ however google now shows BOTH pages in its listing (duplicates). If u happen upon the /cine/ pages you get the latest prices but I worry about if they get the /acatlog/ then its old and out of date, but whats worse is whatever page you click thereon shows the old pages.

I cant understand that if i have redone (overwritten) these pages then how come the server is showing them?
                  8mm cine to dvd transfer

Comment

It's because when you changed the acatalog you in effect created a duplicate of the site on your server due to the new file names.

Actinic will not delete the old pages so you need to clean them off your server manually. As you say everything will work on them including ordering. Changingthe acatlog name on sites that have been uploaded do need a bit of tinkering with

Comment

right, i didn't know you could do that. I will log in to webfusion now and delete them thanks
                      8mm cine to dvd transfer

Comment

Hey Mal, I am so chuffed with our results in Google , we got some amazing positions. I am gob smacked

1. In top 5 for "Cine to AVI" - click here to prove it http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...UK%7CcountryGB

2. In top 5 for "Cine to DVD Bristol" click here http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=1...UK%7CcountryGB

3. In top 25 for "Cine to DVD Londonl"http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=100&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=cine+to+dvd+london&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB

4. In the top 10 for "Cine to DVD Manchester" http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=3...UK%7CcountryGB

5. In the top 10 for "Cine to DVD SCOTLAND" http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=3...UK%7CcountryGB
                        8mm cine to dvd transfer

Comment

we got some amazing positions
                          Its easy when you know how

Comment

well ...... I'm still learning but I'm so glad I went for ACTINIC (i nearly went for mr.site and volusion) and even better I'm so glad about this forum, you guys are just tops! There is certainly no way I could have done this without forum.
                            8mm cine to dvd transfer

Comment

Hi Kate
                              Just read through this thread. It's great to see someone who asks, listens and then implements, most don't because they confuse 'business' with personal.

Not wanting to steal Mals thunder but one other thing you can do is change all the page descriptions to tell the organic searchers either what the page is about or give them a pre-sell to confirm to them that your site is the one they should go to.

Google displays 155 characters from your page description which doesn't sound a lot but if you can do this it really does pay big dividends on the bottom line.

Type Dan Thies into Google (not the UK limited one!) and look at the descriptions on the top three sites. They are all essentially saying the same thing and yet all are different but speak directly to the customers mind set.

They should because Dan Thies owns all three of these pages and many others in the top ten. He is competing with himself to knock the opposition below the fold and it works!

Comment

He is competing with himself to knock the opposition below the fold and it works!
                                Its called Google Bombing and I would not really recommend it TBH

Comment

Working...
                                X