No announcement yet.

Google listing only one keyword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a look here, there's one method your site is guilty of.

A year or so ago I was involved with a group where we bought an existing information site which had fairly good search rankings (no use using a brand new domain, as they're on another playing field) - in the sole aim of proving that some 'SEO' methods actually harmed a perfectly SEO-sound site (in terms of on-site factors) - thus, regardless what you do on-site, black hatters can affect your search rankings. The site I mention is now well and truly blacklisted in Google but still ranks well in other search engines (dare I say, even better than before!). A re-inclusion request seen the site back in the SERPs, but was soon buried into the 'omitted' search results. 6-months of casually doing 'clean' SEO work couldn't revive the domain.

SEO is murderous.

Comment

Site being listed for only one keyword

Are you using Google Webmaster Tools?
      If there are any issues with your site, you will see some alerts or messages when you sign in.

Checking this will show you whether the site is penalized or not.
      Prachi
      The Ecommerce Experts
      0845 868 9380

Actinic Web Design
      Actinic Hosting
      Actinic Search Engine Optimisation

Comment

Originally posted by grantglendinnin View Post
        Take a look here, there's one method your site is guilty of.

A year or so ago I was involved with a group where we bought an existing information site which had fairly good search rankings (no use using a brand new domain, as they're on another playing field) - in the sole aim of proving that some 'SEO' methods actually harmed a perfectly SEO-sound site (in terms of on-site factors) - thus, regardless what you do on-site, black hatters can affect your search rankings. The site I mention is now well and truly blacklisted in Google but still ranks well in other search engines (dare I say, even better than before!). A re-inclusion request seen the site back in the SERPs, but was soon buried into the 'omitted' search results. 6-months of casually doing 'clean' SEO work couldn't revive the domain.

SEO is murderous.
        I have been told to get a new domain name and forgot about the jglighitng.co.uk

I am trying to find out if it is worth it or not
        Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

Comment

I have been told to get a new domain name
          Who told you that - easy cop out and the usual result of letting black hatters play with your site. Sue them

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
            Who told you that - easy cop out and the usual result of letting black hatters play with your site. Sue them
            Sue them.. To much work LOL

I think it is better to get a new domain and start again. And don't get involved with people like first found.

Comment

Out of interest, how long has your site been live - as an online shop and/or as a brochure site beforehand?

Moving your site to a new domain just brings further issues. Google in particular is clever enough to determine a site moving domains. Exact same data, different domain, same DNS, etc. Not worth it IMO. Mal's solution seems the most worthwhile, though that field is usually a quite expensive field to play on

Comment

Originally posted by grantglendinnin View Post
                Out of interest, how long has your site been live - as an online shop and/or as a brochure site beforehand?

Moving your site to a new domain just brings further issues. Google in particular is clever enough to determine a site moving domains. Exact same data, different domain, same DNS, etc. Not worth it IMO. Mal's solution seems the most worthwhile, though that field is usually a quite expensive field to play on
                We have been taking orders over 2 years using adwords (cost well to much) but its the only way if you want orders coming in. But i think the site have been live for about 3 to 4 years.

Comment

live for about 3 to 4 years
                  Moving domains is madness then. Here,s what to do report first found here then correct your site as per here then ask google to look at your site here watch the video - they know that there are scam merchants out there so just explain what has happened.

Comment

Moving domains is madness then. Here,s what to do report first found here then correct your site as per here then ask google to look at your site here watch the video - they know that there are scam merchants out there so just explain what has happened.
                    Thanks for your advice

As far as I can see my site meet all of the google guidelines. (if any any one can see if there is some thing there that I am missing. I would be grateful if you could let me know)

So it now time to speak to google. And hope that will work

Comment

As far as I can see my site meet all of the google guidelines
                      LOOK again

Comment

LOOK again
                        I must be missing some thing. Any chance of a clue please

Comment

Are you ashamed of that text at the bottom of the page, why are you hiding it from view?

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                            Are you ashamed of that text at the bottom of the page, why are you hiding it from view?
                            I am not ashamed of the text. It just take up a lot of room if not in the scroll box.

Comment

I am not ashamed of the text. It just take up a lot of room if not in the scroll box
                              How many hints do you need - what you are doing is HIDING TEXT and what does google think of that?

Comment

Hidden text stuffed with keywords - sorry, but that's where you're falling foul. Hiding the text is one major thing Google doesn't like. Filling it up with keywords takes the biscuit.

More advice here

Comment

Working...
                                X