Honest review needed for site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i still want to drive more traffic to my site
    As Rich says - you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink.

Comment

Why fumble around for months/years and never quite get to where you should be anyway. Accept that you haven't really got a clue what you are doing (it's not a weakness to do so, we all have things we simply cannot do) and get a professional in to do it for you. Every day you continue on your current path is a day that your business is held back even further.

A professional no matter what they cost you will have paid for themself in such a short period, it really isn't sensible to waste your time messing around with something that you have no idea about, nor do you wish to pursue as a career. It's just a whole load of wasted time that could have been put to use on what you are good at, your products.

Comment

nope looked in there too
        all i have is tax, shipping, etc.
        in the options bit i have Access on this pc which is catalog maintenance, network setup and order processing, which are ticked.
        and enable logon and card encryption which is unticked.
        mmmm oh whats occuring
        Rounds Tool Distribution
        Power Tools, Hand Tools and Workwear
        http://www.roundstooldistribution.co.uk

Comment

You have - Catalog Client by the sound of it.

Comment

Have you got catalog or catalog client?

Beat me to it Mal...

If you have Client then you will have to employ the services of a designer I'm afraid or upgrade.

Army Gore-tex
            Winter Climbing Mitts
            webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
            Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

If thats the case Lee, (which i think it prob is, lol) whats the cost going to be at the end of it??
              I know that the right website is going to be more profitable than the one i currently have, but i have put alot of time into it.
              Rounds Tool Distribution

Comment

yes i believe client catalog
                Rounds Tool Distribution

Comment

but i have put alot of time into it
                  You will have by adding all the products but that will not be lost. You will need to contact Lee direct as members are not allowed to post such things as quotes.

Gabe also has a find a designer service if you want to try that

Comment

Even if you spent £2000 pounds wouldn't it be worth to get to this stage:

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
                    eg I have a client with a site that sells a competive branded product - he normally sells 70+ a day of them.
                    You'll find a designer that will quote anything from a few hundred up to a few thousand. Have a chat with a few and see what they say.

Army Gore-tex
                    Winter Climbing Mitts
                    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

will do, but are u allowed to put a ballpark figure??
                      a quick roughtimate perhaps.
                      Rounds Tool Distribution

Comment

Forget cost Maurice, find yourself the right person, have a look on the actinic site for a local designer to you. Design costs to involve a professional are an absolute pittance to what a successful site can take online, it really is pennies in the grand scheme.

Comment

at the moment we have spent out on new premises and i don't want to overstretch my budget, especially at this time of financial uncertainty.
                          And an extra k+ would be eating into reserves i dont want to touch at the moment.
                          Yes i know speculate/accumulate, but we are a small firm still building and i dont want to lose the ground we have taken so far.
                          Rounds Tool Distribution

Comment

but are u allowed to put a ballpark figure
                            As Lee says every site is different - there are people that will sell you a template for £145 (see other thread) and others that will charge many thousands - It all depends what you want.

Sit down and write a spec sheet for everything you want your site to do

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
                              Even if you spent £2000 pounds wouldn't it be worth to get to this stage:

You'll find a designer that will quote anything from a few hundred up to a few thousand. Have a chat with a few and see what they say.
                              Well i would offer him a cheap drill for helping out but.........
                              LOL
                              Rounds Tool Distribution

Comment

Well i would offer him a cheap drill for helping out but.........
                                Yep got mine - the more I look about I think that they must have priced it wrong but Im not complaining

Comment

Working...
                                X