Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Site Review Please -I am at your mercy friendly fellow Actinicers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
    Here's how to customise the Extended Info pages to use a filename based on the product name.
    Outstanding Norman - Thanks a million. After trawling these forums for a day or two it is apparent that you are a gentleman of considerable reputation in the Actinic community - and I can see why!

I'm also going to have a bash today it implimenting your multiple image ad-on (Which my colleague bought from you before his attempt on the site was abandoned), so double thanks!

Originally posted by AndyBorrett View Post
    After all the good advice you have been given my tip seems somewhat trivial.

If you have a copy of Access you can use that to spell check.
    Open up ActinicCatalog.MDB and you will see all the tables containing your data.
    Not trivial at all - fantastic. I'll give that a crack as well.
    Chris McEwan
    A Little Gift
    www.alittlegift.co.uk

Comment

Be very careful with AdWords. If you are not, you will probably find yourself spending somewhat more than the 15% you are currently spending with Amazon.......

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Chris

MPP's have there place, SPP's would not suit all, this page shows you what i mean http://www.casupply.co.uk/acatalog/9...pit-Board.html

although i use SPP's extensively this is one http://www.kitesrus.co.uk/acatalog/HQ_Symphony_1.4.html I use prioduct duplicates on MPP's so the customer can see the various sizes all on one page and the SPP's to keep google base happy

I have styled the extended info page so that if indexed by a search engine and the customer finds the site then they have a navigation to other pages http://www.kitesrus.co.uk/acatalog/info_117691.html the H2 description at the top comes from the product description not the text in the extinfo page i have also added a breadcrumb trail and simple menu bar to get people back to the main site but still keeping a similar look and feel

there is loads of info on the forum, but you have been given 99% of the advice needed. These are just some examples of what can be done

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
          Here's how to customise the Extended Info pages to use a filename based on the product name.
          I can now confirm that Norman's solution worked a treat (first time!). All I need to do now is embed the meta description and thats (at least a small part of) my SEO nightmareover!

Thanks a million
          Chris
          Chris McEwan
          A Little Gift
          www.alittlegift.co.uk

Comment

After a slight problem, I have just reimplemented this solution, but now actinic doesn't seem to be generating or publishing my extended information pages.

I'm not sure if this is a result of the above process or another problem that one of you may have experianced before. Either way, some help would be enormously appreciated.

Which part of the software is reponsible for generating the ext info pages and how have I knackered it?
            Chris McEwan
            A Little Gift
            www.alittlegift.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X