Actinic v11 - Now Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ben

I have no idea of my support number but i requested the upgrade, would you suggest i call as we have moved so thinking about it the address might come up wrong aswell, although i did notify actinic last year of the new address.

Cheers
    Darren

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
      Hi Ben

I have no idea of my support number but i requested the upgrade, would you suggest i call as we have moved so thinking about it the address might come up wrong aswell, although i did notify actinic last year of the new address.

Cheers
      Darren
      Hey Darren,

Drop me a PM with the full details and I'll check it out for you.

Ben
      Benjamin Dyer
      CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Dyer View Post
        We are getting through them! They are being dispatched in chronological order, so depending on when you ordered...
        There must have been a massive rush immediately after the announcement.... I ordered mine late on Monday and no sign of it yet.
        Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
        SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

No still no sign here either.

Comment

Originally posted by Goz View Post
            There must have been a massive rush immediately after the announcement.... I ordered mine late on Monday and no sign of it yet.
            Yep, we are pretty busy, its proving to be a very popular release.

We are averaging 60 keys per day and this will start to increase. I appreciate everyone is keen to get their hands on the release, we should be through the backlog soon.
            Benjamin Dyer

Comment

of course you can install the trial until the key arrives so getting a head start

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
                of course you can install the trial until the key arrives so getting a head start
                You can export a snapshot from an unlicensed Actinic but you can't import that snapshot into an unlicensed Actinic. So you can't get too far before wanting to take a snapshot just in case....

And if you've got multi-site you can realistically only work on one site until your license arrives.

Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                Based in rural Northants

Comment

Originally posted by Goz View Post
                  You can export a snapshot from an unlicensed Actinic but you can't import that snapshot into an unlicensed Actinic. So you can't get too far before wanting to take a snapshot just in case....

And if you've got multi-site you can realistically only work on one site until your license arrives.

I understand what your saying, for me its a bit easier, i import from V10 and play with it, for another site i install this on another pc and do the same. When i get the keys i will then be able to work on one pc but until then i have to work on a few pc's at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Dyer View Post
                    Yep, we are pretty busy, its proving to be a very popular release.

We are averaging 60 keys per day and this will start to increase. I appreciate everyone is keen to get their hands on the release, we should be through the backlog soon.
                    Hi Ben

Registered for the key early last week but still nothing I have an urgent requirement to use the Single Product per Page feature for a client whose site I plan to launch this week so really need to get the software up and running. Any chance of a heads up as to when I can expect the key? Thank you!!!
                    Paul Davis
                    Website Design & Development
                    Lighthouse Design & Marketing

Comment

Suprised thast keys cannot be allocated to those in cover contract well before release of new version so all can be sent out in a big drop on day of release. maybe a bit of lateral thinking could take place to stop this problem every new release
                      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Ben - I too have a cover contract and ordered over a week ago - any news on the sage 2012 link availability as well please as need both as Halloween is our busiest time of the year - thanks in advance - Steve (Cosmetics4u)
                        Steven Morgan
                        Cosmetics4u
                        http://www.cosmetics4uonline.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
                          Surprised that keys cannot be allocated to those in cover contract well before release of new version so all can be sent out in a big drop on day of release. maybe a bit of lateral thinking could take place to stop this problem every new release
                          I don't think it's really a problem, I think it's probably by design. Actinic can throttle the release of keys and therefore control any 'fallout' as it were should the unthinkable happen and a major bug is uncovered that slipped through the testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Rounding View Post
                            I don't think it's really a problem, I think it's probably by design. Actinic can throttle the release of keys and therefore control any 'fallout' as it were should the unthinkable happen and a major bug is uncovered that slipped through the testing.
                            There are a few posts here looking for answers so I'll try to answer them all with a single post.

We are nearly there with the keys, we ramped up even further and are dispatching as many keys per day as we possibly can. Normally we would only send new customers v0 and cover customers the v0.1 release, however this time around we are pretty confident so keen to get them all out as soon as possible. Duncan is also spot on with his assessment, by stagering the keys it gives us a chance to catch things from the field, it also means we don't fry our support team if there was a problem.

All keys up to last Friday should be with customers by Thursday if not before.

SageLink 2012 is with our QA team. Sage don't make it easy with these changes so we need to test, retest and test some more. Data of this type is clearly very sensitive so we need to make sure its perfect. It won't be long.
                            Benjamin Dyer

Comment

Can someone check mine, I ordered monday evening week ago and havent gotten anyting yet, and nothing in junk mail either.

TON

Comment

I ordered my key on Tuesday and got it Thursday. I suspect yours has been lost in the system and the best thing might be to re-order it.

Mike
                                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X