My Windows 7 doesn't like actinic, Any ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Windows 7 doesn't like actinic, Any ideas

I have a ticket with support but in the meantime posting this as someone might have some ideas.

I have windows 7, 64 bit SP1, and all worked perfectly, no problems at all, until the end of the week before. Now when I click on a product and try work in it, all of a sudden I will hear a 'dung' noise and get a message saying a .dmp file has been created and it shuts down. Now this started to happen with V10 after a lot of uninstalling, reinstalling, etc its hit and miss, sometimes it works sometimes it dosent.

V11: so i decided to load V11 to see if it helped and same problem with it crashing out. Thing is I have tried to uninstall V11, restart and reinstall and problem still occurs, V10 it was hit and miss, but V11 the problem is there constantly. I did do a searh for windows 7 and got a thread from March this year but no solutions (and I couldnt understand what I was reading!)

The Windows 7 laptop is only brand new, I actually posted to see if it would work alright an 64 bit and lots of other were using it without problems. So I assumened by snapshot was faulty but as it happening with the default store in V11 I guess not.

TON

Have you tried a full removal of v11 and a clean install before running the default site?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Yep, several times, no use.

TON

Comment

Actinic V8 & V11 work fine with Windows 7

I can assure you that Actinic V8 & V11 work absolutely fine with both Windows 7 64 bit and also Windows 7 32-bit as I am using both right now!

Comment

I had it working fine until 2 weeks ago as well and then it just went belly up! I used to have epos link installed so that when I imported the snapshot it wouldnt have a hissey fit and that worked perfectly but just stoped doing so. Uninstalling the link seems to have helped getting the V10 working for a little while.

As i said before i assumed it was my snapshot but its affecting the default site that created after install.

TON

Comment

Hi Ton,

I have suffered, a similar problem with version 10 on a windows 7 64bit laptop.

I was able to do everything (edit sections, upload, import/export files) apart from edit products. I was also able to navigate the products using the keyboard, but not with the mouse.

An exported snap shot worked fine on other installs and clean new site had the same problems. So it must of been software related.

First time this happened back in August I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the program, this work this fixed the crashing.

It then happened last week again and after multiple restarts and leaving it overnight it started working again.

If you are suffering the problem intimately, then I find it is worth applying any changes before navigating away from the product. In my cases above it wouldn’t let me do any product editing.

I haven't yet experienced it with version 11, although I haven't used it heavily yet.
            Jethro

TridentUK.com, the yacht and dinghy shop on the web

Comment

Jethro....... its not just me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank god I thought i was going mad!

Yes I could navigate through prefectly but when i tried to do something to a product (usually just doing something to the product description dont think I got as far as changing anyting else).

This is how it started out, in fact i did get to work away for a minute or so on v11 this morning and then it crashed out and now when i open it it crashesd straight away.

I thing perhaps there is something bigger to this, is there anyway of flagging this thread to actinic (on a side note crap its a brand new laptop someone please tell me its going to be ok with 64bit its all dell seemed to offer).

TON

Comment

Just incase it's relevant this is my laptop spec;
                Model : Vostro 3450 BTS
                Processor : Intel Core i5-2410M (2.30GHz)
                Memory : 4096MB 1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel
                Graphics : Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator HD
                Operating System : Windows 7 Professional 64 BIT

It was bought in July to replace a Windows Vista machine that although it died on me had never produce any problems like what I have experienced with my current machine.
                Jethro

TridentUK.com, the yacht and dinghy shop on the web

Comment

SNAP...ish

Ive got
                  Vostro 3750 BTS
                  Graphics : NVIDIA Geforce GT 525M with 1GB VRAM
                  Operating System : Windows 7 Professional (64 BIT)

TON

Comment

Originally posted by ton View Post
                    SNAP...ish

Ive got
                    Vostro 3750 BTS
                    Graphics : NVIDIA Geforce GT 525M with 1GB VRAM
                    Operating System : Windows 7 Professional (64 BIT)

TON
                    Hey Ton,

I'm looking into this one for you as well, support should be in contact soon.

Ben
                    Benjamin Dyer
                    CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Windows 7 64 bit

I am glad to see I am not alone with this. I have had problems for several months now and have not been able to use a new laptop with Actinic, despite it being bought for that purpose. Support have been involved, and to be fair have spent an hour or two connected to my machine to try and solve it -but withut success. They don't seem to have a solution and I am soooooo frustrated.

I have a Vaio VPCSB with 4gb RAM and hybrid graphics, with both Intel's onboard graphics and Radeon's graphic card too. It has Win 7 64 bit.
                      The software crashes and creates dump files virtually every one or two times I select a product in the content window. Strangely, if I use the design tab, it doesn't crash.

I started with V10, which worked on XP like a dream, but when Snapshot imported, the crashing started. I thought it might be my site, but it crashes with the newly installed default site. Same with the new V11 software.

Any feedback or ideas welcome and appreciated.

P.S I should add that strangely, if I connect via VGA cable to one external monitor, a standard 4:3 monitor, I can work on it fine. As soon as I drag the window back to the LCD, it crashes. I tried this on a widescreen external monitor, but that crashed too. According to Sony, I have the latest video drivers - and I deleted and reinstalled them just to check. I'm totally puzzled.
                      Last edited by jeffnurse; 18-Oct-2011, 08:22 AM. Reason: Additional Info
                      Jeff Nurse
                      Managing Director

Aerofoil Design
                      Office Design & Furniture Solutions
                      www.aerofoil.net

Comment

Probably silly answer and of no use but have you tried with page preview window switched off in content

Does it work if you switch to the site1 site rather than your operational site so it's using a different database
                        Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Tara,

Please can you tell me the ticket number of the issue open with support and we can chase it up for you?

Thanks
                          Paul Murphy
                          Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

Ticket Number

Hi Paul,

My ticket number is 284821 if it helps.

Regards
                            Jeff
                            Jeff Nurse
                            Managing Director

Aerofoil Design
                            www.aerofoil.net

Comment

Win 7 64 Bit Issues

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
                              Probably silly answer and of no use but have you tried with page preview window switched off in content

Does it work if you switch to the site1 site rather than your operational site so it's using a different database
                              Thanks for reply Chris, and not a silly answer. Of course I would prefer to have the preview available, but tried turning it off again just now, crashed straight away when selecting a product.

I call my site "Site 1" anyway, so it is my usual site. However, have tried this with the default V10.4 and V11 sites and still crashes.

Thanks
                              Jeff
                              Jeff Nurse
                              Managing Director

Aerofoil Design
                              www.aerofoil.net

Comment

Working...
                              X