Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something is killing V11!

Hey guys,

Lately and i dont know why, my Desktop V11 is very slow to respond.

If i "Apply changes", change to design tab, move to another fragment, product or section or pretty much make actinic to any work, it freezes up for a good 10 seconds each time....

No idea what is killing it, i dont have "Add This" which normally effects actinic. Ive not made any changes, ive restarted actinic and my laptop....

Any way i can find out what it might be?

Do you have any other external code?... Google +1, Facebook?

Malcolm
    ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
    ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
    ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

As a long shot you can try going to the design view and selecting a different tab. i.e 'General' instead of 'Properties' and see if that makes any difference.

I have Normans multi-image plugin with lots of images and find if the 'Properties' tab is selected Actinic's speed reduces to crawl, but is fine again as soon as I change to a tab with less data on it.
      Darren Guppy
      Golf Tee Warehouse
      Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Nope, made no difference. Its becoming un-useable now!

Comment

I have seen this also over the past week.

Solution that solved it for me was to place all of the Google calls to apis and ajax within a block if for isnotpreview mode.

That speeded it up no end.

Comment

I find it's usually a good move to put a blockif to switch of any external calls to javascript in preview, as it speeds things up no end.
            Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
            www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

This has happened to me too. I need to do some major editing but Business Plus (v11.0.1) is now painfully slow and almost unuseable. I cannot think of any major changes I have made to my PC, running Windows 7 64 bit

I have been in touch with Actinic Support and they suggested creating a new site and importing a snapshot from the current site - This made no difference.

I have tried reinstalling Actinic in case a file may have been corrupted - no difference.

I could spend the time putting external calls in blockifs but I would feel happier knowing what the problem is.
              John Legg
              The Debug Store

sigpic
              http://www.TheDebugStore.com

Comment

I think you may have to put blocks in to find what may help.

Have you tried setting the browser Embedded Preview Compatibilty to IE=8? (Site Options - Layout - Site)

Comment

Yes, I can see why this would help narrow down the problem now.

I have added the blockifs to all external calls and unfortunately this made no difference.

I also changed the Embedded Preview Compatibility mode from IE9 to IE8 and whilst at first I thought this had cracked the problem, it is back.

I have also discovered that the problem also presents itself after editing a layout in Design mode. Having pressed the Apply button it can take up to 10 seconds before control is resumed. This seems to be more like the original symptom of hanging after any change within Actinic.

Any other thoughts?

John
                  John Legg
                  The Debug Store

sigpic

Comment

To see if it is a call being conducted to an external source, try switching of the previewmode and then do an action with a product and see if it still takes so long to complete. If it doesn, then thats the key thats its the data calls as opposed to something Actinic is having to do with the product or page, which then means looking for the external calls one by one and placing them in a blockif until you find the culprit.

Usual culprits are addthis, google plus one, facebook and the like.

Comment

Originally posted by I-CC View Post
                      ..., facebook and the like.
                      pardon the pun...lol

Comment

Turning off Preview Mode has certainly fixed the problem.

The strange thing is that I have had Preview Mode turned on for a long time now and all has been well. The slow response problems have only arisen in the last couple of weeks.

Maybe the developers have an idea about what in Preview mode has caused this problem recently. Clearly I am not the only person it has affected and it is a pain now not being able to preview changes quickly.

John
                        John Legg
                        The Debug Store

sigpic

Comment

It is possible that some off site code is being served slower than it used to be. Make a list of your off site code by using the website developer toolbar or firebug or similar and place blocks around them until you see a difference.

Comment

A large site I'm working on at present slowed down 1½-2 weeks ago so the external server problem seems the most likely explanation.

Malcolm
                            ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
                            ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
                            ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

I have this exact same problem - again with no warning or changes made to the site
                              The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Working...
                              X