Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Networking issue affecting Actinic... need some help here :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Networking issue affecting Actinic... need some help here :-)

Hi
    Running V10 on 2 laptops and have done so over both wi-fi and ethernet successfully for the last 6 months.

I'm working from home today and having no end of trouble. It's not strictly Actinic that's at fault, but just hoping somebody here might be able to shed some light...

Basically I keep 'losing' the network. Initially I'll start up both machines and I can log in to Actinic via the slave laptop no problem. After maybe 30 minutes I get a network error in Actinic, as if the connections been broken. I check 'Network' from the desktop and even though I can see the master laptop in the network list I get an error when trying to connect 'Windows cannot access UserPC'.

If I restart the laptop I can connect again no problem. I've tried connecting via wi-fi and ethernet through the same router. Same result each time.

I've noticed some issues with this router in the past in that it seems to be randomly disconnecting... but others on the network haven't had the same problem. I figured it may have been my laptop... maybe some problem with the wi-fi connector.

When working from the office both laptops are connected via ethernet and there's no problems. Similarly I've been connecting over wi-fi with no problem at different locations.

It's driving me nuts... could the problem lie with:

A: the router - ie randomly disconnecting and reconnecting. And why won't the laptop and Actinic reconnect.

B: some configuration of the Firewall

C: some sharing issue

D: the network fairies just really wanting to hack me off GRRR....

I know this is a long shot, but if anyone has any thoughts they'd be much appreciated.
Working...
X