PayPal payment refused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal payment refused

Got a strange one here, a customer calls up to inform us that Pay Pal had refused his payment and wanted to pay by card over the phone for the order.

To be clear this is was a order that we had processed and was booked in to be shipped, if the customer had not called up we would have been none the wiser. It was around 20 hrs between the payment being made and then PayPal refusing it.

PayPal did not notify us by Email, when i questioned them they said they would have called back to the web site (seller deck) and that is where we should see it has been refused.

I am on to support about it at the moment and they are looking into it.

My question is pay pal say that seller deck should have notified us, support says it does not work that way ?

Anyone else had the same issue

Yes it's happened to us once recently. We had to apologise to the customer and embarrassingly request payment - which they made, luckily.

We have also just two weeks ago had an order come through to Sellerdeck which was not marked as PSP Pending but which PayPal emailed to say was under review. Obviously we held the order until their review was complete.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
      Yes it's happened to us once recently. We had to apologise to the customer and embarrassingly request payment - which they made, luckily.

We have also just two weeks ago had an order come through to Sellerdeck which was not marked as PSP Pending but which PayPal emailed to say was under review. Obviously we held the order until their review was complete.
      I am glad it was just not me then, SD says all is working as it *should* by that they mean there system is out of date and can not handle the call back that PayPal give.

I have got to get in in writing from PayPal to confirm that they indeed to pass a messaged back to inform you that the payment was refused before support will look at it further

Comment

Quick addendum.

We had a case last week where a customer ordered and paid using PayPal but the order never appeared in Sellerdeck.

We don't check PayPal reports every day - once a week usually. We rely on Sellerdeck to do its job.

Customer phoned five days after she ordered to ask where her order was. She was very nice about it luckily.

She explained that as she completed the transaction in PayPal, her browser crashed.

I don't understand why it didn't at least appear in Sellerdeck as PSP Pending.

This integration hasn't been looked at for years. It needs to be updated asap.
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

PayPal Express completely replaces the Sellerdeck checkout . Customer details are passed from PayPal back to Sellerdeck on completion of the transaction - not the other way round like a conventional PSP.

So if Sellerdeck created an order record before completion of the PayPal transaction, you would have a record of what was ordered, but not who ordered it, which wouldn't be a lot of use.
          Bruce Townsend
          Ecommerce Product Manager
          Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

I understand that Bruce. But the point is, there should be some error reporting if this happens.

Plus, the integration *is* poor and Sellerdeck knows this. The information passed back to Sellerdeck is frequently incomplete. This has been discussed before with no resolution.

Comment

Working...
            X