Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discount when buying all 3 products

Hi,

I've searched the forum and haven't been able to find a similar occurrence of this question.

I need to set up a discount for a site for when all 3 set products are ordered.

i.e. if a customer buys products a, b and c they will get the group of them for a set price.

Does anyone have any experience of achieving this?

Many thanks.
    Nick Shread
    Shreadsoft Ltd
    www.Shreadsoft.co.uk

Put the 3 products into a discount group, apply a discount to that group with a trigger of 3 and set the discount. Have a look at the example discounts setup to get a feel for things, i find it's quite straightforward after 5 mins of scratching your head.

Comment

Hi Lee,

Many thanks, but my understanding is that the customer can order 3 of just one of those items to trigger the discount, not one of each of those 3 items, which is why I didn't believe this method worked.

Any thoughts?
      Nick Shread
      Shreadsoft Ltd
      www.Shreadsoft.co.uk

Comment

If that is a unsatisfactory loophole, then you are right. You possibly need to look at making a product as the package instead or even using permutations where the choices selected dictate the price, for example if someone buys product A and selects to buy B+C at the same time, you can apply a price to the B+C selection which effectively adds the required price.

Comment

I'd probably take the not so ideal but simpler route of creating a product that contains all three items and sell that at a discounted price instead.

Comment

Many thanks guys, it's the option I thought I'd have to go for - creating a product that is an amalgamation of all 3, but was hoping the discount system might be able to cope with it.

Thanks for your answers, much appreciated.
            Nick Shread
            Shreadsoft Ltd
            www.Shreadsoft.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X