Customer Group Discount not showing in Drop Downs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer Group Discount not showing in Drop Downs

On my site I am offering discounts on tools to members of bike clubs. On different products I can offer different discounts, dependent on my buy price.

Each product I had put into different product groups dependent on what discount I could offer ie 0% 5%, 10%, 15% & 20%. I was then told by the techies at Actinic that if I wanted to show the price, to the logged in customer, that they would actually be paying, then I would need to get my calculator out and put in the price against the customer group for each and every individual product. I wasn't best pleased by this, but even less so after spending a couple of day with a calculator, only to discover that the drop down boxes from product options were displaying 'full retail', giving the customer a false idea of what the cost is.

I have a support contract with Actinic (Sellerdeck), but the support guy admitted that this was a bug and didn't offer a work around. A bug that hasn't even been fixed in the next release (11) but may be fixed in 13 (Sellerdeck 2013).

This is crucial to the whole success of my business and I have to find a work around.

Can any one help?

Many thanks

What you are asking for will be achievable in the next major release, SellerDeck 2013, using a new feature called Dynamic Pricing. However you will have to input the prices product by product, by adding the Customer Group and Price to the product Prices tab.

Combined product group and customer group discounts will unfortunately still not be possible. This is an item on our wish list and I have incremented the request count for it. However discounting is a complex area already so I think this would be a sizeable development. Unfortunately I don't think we will be able to undertake it in the near future.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Telling me that the expensive software I have bought into, has a crucial design flaw, and not offering a solution, other than to suggest that it will be partially sorted in the next "PAID FOR" upgrade is not in any way satisfactory.

'Paid for' upgrades in software are supposed to add extra features. When software packages have bugs, these are supposed to be fixed freely and in a timely manner by the developers. Actinic/Seller Deck's response to this software bug is unacceptable and a dereliction of duty.

I cannot publish my website with such an unprofessional error! Why should I have to pay a 3rd party to write a bug fix ? I'm NOT looking for an upgrade - I'm looking for functionality I was told by the sales team this software had!

Comment

If you have actinics support contract (cover) then this includes software upgrades. you won't be asked to pay for the new releases as long as your cover contract remains in place.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X