Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sales for 2 days (eeek!!!)

Hi

Not sure if I'm getting paranoid but....

I have 3 sites all selling totally different things. Sales have been steady up until yesterday when sales on all 3 sites seem to have fallen off a cliff.

Maybe just coincidence... but stuff like this get's me worried. I checked various keywords through a proxy and we show up ok in Google. Traffic levels do seem to be down on this time last year though. Checking our Analytics visitor numbers have been declining for the last few months.

Difficult to know, as we have so many keywords, how well we are showing up across the board..

It's even got to the point where I'm considering some PPC again...

I'll be checking various products today to see if we're out on price on anything, but I'm thinking that we don't seem to be doing as well as we used to in the rankings that's causing the problem.

Any suggestions gratefully received...

have you actually tried to place an order yourself. ? - ignore what oother people are selling things foor, check your own sites work 100%

we had errors on a website because "include in sitemap" was unticked in various sections.
    not until we were told of the crash did we investigate.
    Not sure how many sales we lost, and probably never will.

Comment

Originally posted by completerookie View Post
      have you actually tried to place an order yourself. ? - ignore what oother people are selling things foor, check your own sites work 100%

we had errors on a website because "include in sitemap" was unticked in various sections.
      not until we were told of the crash did we investigate.
      Not sure how many sales we lost, and probably never will.
      Thanks... just had one order through on 2 of the sites and a 'test' sale on the other (Is somebody up in Actinic watching this?)

Will give it a go through to the PSP myself. You just never no...
      But if people were getting this far normally we'd get 'awaiting PSP' orders

Is there anything i can do to check if the site is producing errors that Goggle wouldn't like?

Comment

Sorry. The test order was me. Just looking to see if there was any obvious faults. None that I could see.

As you say, if they get as far as the psp page then you'll still get the order come through, just with no payment.

The first thing you need to look at is your stats to see what your overall traffic looks like. Then maybe look at your best converting search phrases to see if your traffic from them has dropped or it's people just finding a better proposition elsewhere.

One thing I did find is that you cross link from every page of each website to the other sites. There is a chance that Google has reduced the benefit of this recently and you're just suffering a bit from that.

Or it might just be natural variation. it all depends on how much the order level has dropped and what you can see from your stats and serps positions.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X