Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feefo Microdata on natural google results

Hi,

Has anyone used Feefo, such that feedback ratings appear using microdata on natural google search results.

They appear on google paid ads, but I am after how to do this in sellerdeck for natural results,

ref from feefo "Google Rich Snippets and Google Stars in Organic Search Results
    Google Rich Snippets are the few lines of text that appear under every search result. Using additional markup around the reviews from the XML integration, Google can interpret the review and generate a rich snippet for inclusion in an organic (or natural) SERP which can also include stars alongside the result. Note that these stars are totally independent of the stars associated with Adwords and Feefo has no control over whether they are displayed or not. The website will need to be fully indexed by Google before the rich snippets appear and it may take some time for the stars to appear in the search listings too. Even then it is up to Google whether or not to show them. For the best chance of success, it is of paramount importance that all markup is tested for correctness using Google's structured data testing tool."

I have attached an example of returned results from google.

Best Regards

Paul
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi.

It looks like your product pages contain general and unrelated product reviews so that might be a problem.

You can check if the meta data is present using http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets

i can't see any review microdata so it could be you're missing some code, or i'm looking at products without a review.

To use microdata you need a product review score on they product page. Google says that you shouldn't have any other product reviews on the same page.

They also say they need a certain number of reviews for a product before they will display it.

They also need a product rating - x out of y etc but feefo appears to show the number of good/bad reviews so might be completely incompatible.

Comment

hi

my site is worldofbears.com, in feefo i have reviews for products and overall status for products and reviews,

how do i code sellerdeck to pull in feefo star rating to add the microdata, i can make it static by doing it by hand, but would prefer for it to be read i guess from some xml file which is regulary updated.

paul

Comment

Originally posted by chickenhouseman View Post
          i use microdata.

I have soapbox and that produces the data for the product reviews. I worked it out myself sometime ago but notice it's now included as an option in the latest version.

i also have this dropped into the product layout

<!-- rich snippets BEGIN -->
          <div itemscope itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Product">
          <meta itemprop="currency" content="GBP" />
          <meta itemprop="price" content=<actinic:variable name="ProductPriceRaw" /> />
          <meta itemprop="brand" content="<actinic:variable name="brand" />" />
          <meta itemprop="image" content="<actinic:variable name="CatalogURL" /><actinic:variable name="SectionImageFileName" />" />

<meta itemprop="condition" content="new">
          <meta itemprop="identifier" content="<actinic:variable name="gtin" />" />
          <meta itemprop="category" content="<actinic:variable name="google_product_category" /> "/>
          <meta property="og:type" content="product" />
          <meta property="og:title" content="<actinic:variable name="ProductName" />" />

<meta property="og:url"
          content="<actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" />" />
          </div>
          <!-- Rich snippets END -->

I've just tweaked this so that it works better for Google. Just copy and Paste this into you product layout and give it a few weeks for Google to thrive on it.

I'm in the process of trying to add breadcrumb rich snippets data onto it so that Google can thrive off that data too.

Code:
          <!-- rich snippets BEGIN -->
          <meta itemprop="brand" content="<actinic:variable name="brand" />" />
          <meta itemprop="image" content="<actinic:variable name="CatalogURL" /><actinic:variable name="SectionImageFileName" />" />
          <meta itemprop="identifier" content="mpn:<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />"/>
          <meta itemprop="identifier" content="<actinic:variable name="gtin" />" /> 
          <meta itemprop="category" content="<actinic:variable name="google_product_category" />"/>
          <meta property="og:url" content="<actinic:block php="true">echo '<actinic:variable name="CatalogURL" encoding="perl" selectable="false" />' . basename('<actinic:variable name="ProductPageName" encoding="perl" selectable="false" />');</actinic:block>" />
          </div>
          <div class="purchase_data" itemprop="offerDetails" itemscope itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Offer">
          <meta itemprop="quantity" content="3" />
          <meta itemprop="condition" content="new" />
          <meta itemprop="availability" content="in_stock" />
          <meta itemprop="seller" content="<actinic:variable name="CompanyName" />"/>
          </div>
          <!-- Rich snippets END -->

Comment

Really interested in giving this a try - where in the layout can this go? I have tried a few times but get coding errors?

UPDATE
            - I have tinkered and got this working but.....the price property (productpriceraw) refers to an EX VAT price, can this point to a tax inclusive price?

thanks
            https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Thank you Paul for this.
              I have been having some problems with Google lately and noticed that the +3000 items being notified as having missing microdata for condition had reduced to <1000, however, merchant diagnostics indicated that 27% of items affected impacted on 92% of past clicks so I decided to have a closer look as the number of clicks had dropped off significantly over the past week.
              I had incorporated an earlier version of rich snippets code and will now try your expanded version to see if this clears the snag.
              There was a code error on first try as the variable 'GTIN' was not defined so I replaced this line with 2 similar lines, one for 'EAN' and the other for 'UPC' which are defined as 'GTIN' formats. I do not use 'ISBN' which is the other format for books.
              Waiting to see if this clears the issue!
              Martin, (mantra)
              Martin
              Mantra Audio

Comment

Follow up to previous message.
                Uploaded data feed notifications still exist for missing microdata for condition.
                Selected one item as a sample and run URL through Google structured data testing tool:
                https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool
                This revealed 1 error
                name (fn) a value for the name (fn) field required
                additional line of code added under brand line:
                <meta itemprop="name" content="<actinic:variable name="ProductName" />" />
                waiting to see if this clears error
                Martin
                Mantra Audio

Comment

We use thiis now if it helps, no errors in the testing tool:

HTML Code:
                  <!-- microdata start -->
                  <meta itemprop="image" content="<actinic:variable name="CatalogURL" /><actinic:variable name="ProductImageFilenameRaw" />" />
                  <meta itemprop="identifier" content="mpn:<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />"/>
                  <meta itemprop="name" content="<actinic:variable name="ProductName" />" />
                  <meta property="og:url" content="<actinic:block php="true">echo '<actinic:variable name="CatalogURL" encoding="perl" selectable="false" />' . basename('<actinic:variable name="ProductPageName" encoding="perl" selectable="false" />');</actinic:block>" />
                  </div>
                  <div class="purchase_data" itemprop="offerDetails" itemscope itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Offer">
                  <meta itemprop="condition" content="new" />
                  <meta itemprop="price" content="<actinic:block php="true">echo preg_replace('/[^\d\.]/', '', '<actinic:block type="pricelist"><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%201"><actinic:variable name="TaxInclusivePrice" selectable="false" /></actinic:block></actinic:block>');</actinic:block>" />
                  <meta itemprop="availability" content="In_stock" />
                  <meta itemprop="seller" content="<actinic:variable name="CompanyName" />"/>
                  </div>
                  <!-- microdata end -->
                  https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Working...
                  X