Strange SMTP synchronization error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange SMTP synchronization error

We have an order, whenever you send an email from Actinic this error box will pop up:

Failed to communicate with the SMTP server.

Possible Cause:
    1. Network transmission problems.
    2. Could have Changed the SMTP Server settings, but not Uploaded after that.

Recommendation:
    1. Retry
    2. Upload the Site First, if you have changed the SMTP Server Settings.

Resolution:
    If retry fails, check your SMTP settings
    or contact your ISP.

The error was:
    58315test@hostname.co.ukError returned from SMTP server (8: SMTP synchronization error

Command: send Filename:
    I noticed a "." (period/full-stop) in the postcode field.
    When I remove that, the error doesn't come up...

Also, even though the error shows, the email is actually sent & received by the recipient...

I remember something similar when we were on v8 but in the "Company Name" field...

How strange!

Odd.

It kind of suggests there could be a problem in Actinics handling of some of the customer data fields which is confusing the smtp server when it gets the email text string.

I'd expect all the address field entries to be processed by a common function but I haven't seen anything like this with periods in the other address fields.

Whatever is going on seems to have a fairly low impact, so it's good to know about it, but probably nothing too serious.

Mind you, it should be fairly easy to test and find the problem so maybe Actinic will take a look at it.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
    X