Vat display problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vat display problem

Hi, I'm having problem with my website displaying the word VAT!

I show prices including vat but on the site it shows the price then says "(Including at 20%)"

It has worked correctly in the past and on some pages I've also seen "(Including 482 at 20%)"

Any clues?

In the design library I have this.....

<actinic:variable name="PreFormattedPrice" value="Product Price Including Tax" />

<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTaxMessageShown%22%20%2f%3e">
    <span class="actxxsmall">
    (Including&nbsp;<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax1Used%22%20%2f%3e"><actinic:variable name="TaxName1"/> at <actinic:variable name="TaxRate1"/>%</actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax1AndTax2Used%22%20%2f%3e"> and </actinic:block><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsTax2Used%22%20%2f%3e"><actinic:variable name="TaxName2"/> at <actinic:variable Name="TaxRate2"/>%</actinic:block>)
    </span>
    </actinic:block>
    </actinic:block>

In my business tax settings I have
    "Simple tax mode" selected
    "Inclusive of tax" selected
    "Include Tax 1" is ticked
    Description is VAT
    Message is VAT payable on European Union orders. All others tax free.
    Rate 20.0000

To me this all seems to be correct.

I notice on my "desktop" version everything is correct but my "published" (live) version is missing the VAT. Preview current page from "desktop" version also displays correctly.

I think this may be a publishing issue not a settings issue, although the last re-publication went without any reported issues.

I'm tempted to try some type of "clean republish" what does anyone think?

Comment

I've just tried another republish which has not made any effect - the "VAT" is still missing.

I've had a look at the source code and the the part in question is

"(Including&nbsp; at 20%)"

So I rechecked my tax options in business settings (which were fine before the re-publish) and the word VAT is now missing from the description. I re-enter it, click apply and Actinic crashes!

I'm going to retry the publish process to see if the problem repeats.
      Last edited by omigod; 12-Jul-2012, 10:25 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Problem is repeatable and still occurs after reinstall of Actinic on my laptop running vista home premium.

The annoying thing is I'm sure at some point it was displaying everything correctly!

Comment

Compact your database and try again.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike, thanks but I've tried but to no effect.
            The published website has some products with VAT in them, some have £0.00 in them but mostly there is a space where VAT should be written.

Reopen business settings, the tax description is empty (again) so I fill it in, click apply and crash!

I may try an install on an XP machine I have and publish from there.

Comment

Have you altered any design text related to the displaying of the VAT message?

Comment

Not that I'm aware of Duncan. Just the options in the business settings.

I've not been in the design library to make any alterations if that's what you mean.

Comment

Fixed it!

Well, worked around it.

A new install of Actinic on my XP machine and it's uploaded fine and displays the word "VAT" where it should. Checked the tax settings after the upload and they remain unchanged.

I guess the only thing to do now is to unistall Actinic from the Vista machine then re-install and retest.

It's a day of my life I won't get back though.

Comment

Well it's done it again!

Same problem yet again on the VHP machine.

Looks like I'll have to do all my publishing from the XP laptop.

The 2 machines are on the same network - can I make them work off the same site file? I'm currently using snapshots which is going to be a bit long winded If I can't get a permant fix on the VHP machine.

Comment

I've the same issue with one on my v9 sites (not the one in my sig).
                      Instead of VAT mine now says aGG508

Strange as GG508 is one of my product refs?

Running Actinic Business Plus
                      V9.0.5.0.0.0. JHZA

Edit
                      SOLVED: That was quick I hear you shout!
                      Do a Web>Refresh Website
                      My site was doing a refresh whilst I was typing my original post!

Comment

Still no luck with my probelm.
                        Publish the site from the xP machine and everythings fine, publish it from the vista machine and the VAT word disappears!

Upgrade to V10 has not fixed it.

I'll just keep working around it.

Comment

One option would be to delete the phrase from the description and content and just hard code it into your template. You can format it exactly the same and This would save you a lot of messing about.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
                          X