No announcement yet.

changing acatalog folder name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i guess im off to do a little research.

Thanks for the tips

So David if im going to give it a go with an old site then i recon you should with your new one, six months time your be glad

Darren

Comment

Lee,

I have just changed my acatalog folder to a very broad keyword that will work for me. "Roofing"

Will the acatalog still be on the server? Do i need to do anything after my uplaod?

Comment

You will need to manually remove the acatalog folder from the server.

Comment

when you do your upload make sure you do a refresh not just an upload.

Also ensure your htaccess file has been updated with the 301, its also worth having a custom 404 page so someone can still navigate to your site if something breaks. then delete the acatalog folder and contents from the server.

Comment

I think 'roofing' was a very good choice. Delete the acatalog folder as the others have said.

Comment

Ok, will do that now. I think i need to do some research on how to Refresh, ive yet to do this! Oh how i love learning new things. Especially when i have my boss breathing down my neck!

EDIT: Reshed the site, will delete acatalog now.

Comment

It's in the web drop down menu.

Comment

Changing acatalog folder

Daren- I wonder how it has gone for you? I am in the same boat and have just bitten the bullet.

I am using sellerdeck hosting-
                  I changed the folder name from acatalog to silk (web:Network setup:Online store folder name) and then refreshed.

I am not making any other changes so just wanted to redirect the file in one folder to the same file in the other. I searched the web (I am no programmer so credit to others here) and made an .htaccess file containing

RewriteEngine on
                  RewriteBase /
                  RewriteRule ^acatalog/(.*)$ http://www.sulis.co.uk/silk/$1 [R=301,L]

I uploaded to httpdocs and deleted the acatalog folder. as far as I can see it works fine, google listed pages mapped straight away.

If anyone spots any errors in what I have done please let me know, apologies if this is already posted somewhere- fingers crossed all will be good with google.

Comment

I hadn't thought of this. It's sounds worth investigating.
                    Stardust Funky Kids T-Shirts

Comment

Working...
                    X