No announcement yet.

<a name> links halfway down product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took another look I think it could be a Javascript error. I noticed it works on some products and not others. I wondered if Javascript was interfering with the anchor. That may account for the bounce effect, when you visit an anchored link that doesn't work it initially shows the position at product title then moves down to quantity or choice area, that may be because the browser is still loading the Javascript and when it writes information to the page it affects the anchor point. I disabled Javascript in the browser and revisited the problem link and it works. Developer Tools doesn't report errors. But it could be a bug.
    Peblaco

Comment

Ah yes.... disable Javascript and it works fine.

Oh dear.

Thanks for your interest in this.
      What should I do next then? Contact support I suppose.
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Yes I would recommend sending it in to the SellerDeck support team, would be interested to hear their reply if they find the cause.
        Peblaco

Comment

I've just noticed another (possibly related) error.

If you click on a sidebar new product link, and then go to the product and enter in a large quantity say 50 so that its out of stock, then click add to cart.
          The page correctly goes to an error message with a link back to the product... however the link back to the product doesnt work.
          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

It gets worse..
            the link back to the product doesnt work.. but if you then click on the new product sidbar again.. it all goes to pot... none of them will now work at all and they send you to random pages. Oh dear.
            Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by feemish View Post
              enter in a large quantity say 50 so that its out of stock, then click add to cart.The page correctly goes to an error message with a link back to the product... however the link back to the product doesnt work.
              Bug number 2 - The New Products link goes to the non-paginated page showing all products so it can anchor to any product in the section. Then if you add a quantity which is out of stock, it takes you to the url /cgi-bin/ca900001.pl#ref which loads the first paginated page that says: "The following product(s) can not be added to the cart. You can find the error description(s) by following the link(s).". But the link cannot find the product if the product is not on the first paginated page. It only works if the product is on the first paginated page. The error page should use the non-paginated page showing all products.
              Originally posted by feemish View Post
              if you then click on the new product sidbar again.. it all goes to pot... none of them will now work
              Bug number 3 - From the page with the error the url /cgi-bin/ca900001.pl#ref and clicking a New Products link for some reason it adds an #SID anchor (section ID) on the end of the link which already has an anchor, creating a double anchor, so the first anchor does not work and it cannot anchor to the product.

You should report each of the bugs directly to SellerDeck Support.
              Peblaco

Comment

I will do. That will make a pleasant Monday....

I am hoping they are related...

Feeling a bit Decked by Sellerdeck.... I hope that wasnt intended in the name change... The Seller... Decked.. well and truly.
                Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Thanks for looking at this with me Louise.
                  Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                  X