Invoice numbering in 9.03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invoice numbering in 9.03

I have searched unsucessfully for a way to change the invoice numbers in 9.03. Can anybody point me in the right direction, please?

thanks
    Rich

Help > Troubleshooting > Update Order Number

I think that's what you're after.
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Comment

,,,,for the order number. the invoice number however is fixed as far as I know.

Comment

The only changes you can make to the Invoice Numbers are in Settings > Business Settings > Order Processing
        Tracey

Comment

You can change this if you have MS Access.

Being sure to take a snapshot first!
          1. Open ActinicCatalog.mdb
          2. Open table called SetupInfo
          3. Near the bottom is nLastInvoiceSequenceNo
          4. Enter the start value required -1 in the sData column

i.e. if you want your first invoice to be numbered 1000, enter 0999

This should really be an option in the Business Settings Screen. Naughty Actinic!

Comment

Originally posted by bentleybloke View Post

This should really be an option in the Business Settings Screen. Naughty Actinic!
            I disagree.
            The invoice numbering itself is for tax purposes. I would imagine it is deliberately made so that you can't tamper with it as this could lead to all sorts of problems.
            Tracey

Comment

I kind of agree with Tracey. HMRC require that invoices be numbered sequentially and could get upset if you start playing around with them.

I'm sure there is some leeway there. If you have different part to the business, such as website A, website B, ebay sales etc, then I'd be surprised if you couldn't use separate invoice numbering schemes.

If you do try and keep all your invoices sequentially numbered then it would make sense for Actinic to allow you to assign an invoice number to specific orders.

Mike
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I agree that you shoudn't jigger about with invoice number sequence...

But it is reasonable to assume that those sticking to this regulation will already have some system in place and therefore not want to start at 0001. So as a new feature, it should be possible to choose the first invoice number. The MOTO form allows the first order number to be set and then it is greyed out after first use and operates sequentially. The same option should have been incorporated so the starting number could be initially set for the invoice number.

Comment

I agree that you should be able to choose the invoice number.

I have just upgraded from 8 with many many thousands of orders and my first sale in V9 is invoice number 1. Doesn't look too good for the customer, does it!

Kind regards

Jason
                  Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                  Zirconium Rings
                  Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
                    I kind of agree with Tracey. HMRC require that invoices be numbered sequentially and could get upset if you start playing around with them.
                    Is this a fact Mike, I thought each invoice had to be given an identifying identity as per order number,but no mention ever given for sequentially numbered invoices

Has this changed reacently or just historic procedure
                    Chris Ashdown

Comment

HM Revenue & Customs made a change to the rules relating to VAT invoicing that took effect on 1st October 2007.

See link below to HMRC website:Changes to VAT invoicing with effect from October 2007

Currently there is a requirement for a VAT invoice to have an identifying number. The change will require this number to be from a series that is unique and sequential.
                      Darren Guppy
                      Golf Tee Warehouse
                      Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

A few extracts from the related FAQs:

My business operates as several separate business units or divisions. Is it possible for each unit or division to operate its own sequence of invoices?

Yes, it is acceptable to operate more than one sequence at the same time.
                        In order to avoid the appearance of having only just started in business I do not want to start at Invoice no.1 and would prefer to commence with, say, Invoice no 1135. Is this allowed?

Yes, as long as the invoice series runs consecutively from that point.
                        I have several customers and I wish to run several separate sequences of invoices at the same time. Is this possible?

Yes, it is acceptable to operate more than one sequence at the same time.
                        I currently use a unique customer reference number as the identifying number on the invoice. If I add an additional consecutive number will this be acceptable?

Yes, this would have the affect of creating a unique and sequential series.
                        Darren Guppy
                        Golf Tee Warehouse
                        Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by bentleybloke View Post
                          You can change this if you have MS Access.

Being sure to take a snapshot first!
                          1. Open ActinicCatalog.mdb
                          2. Open table called SetupInfo
                          3. Near the bottom is nLastInvoiceSequenceNo
                          4. Enter the start value required -1 in the sData column

i.e. if you want your first invoice to be numbered 1000, enter 0999

I have just done the above which took just a few minutes.

Many thanks for the info.

Regards

Jason
                          Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                          Zirconium Rings
                          Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

We've had a change of business set up and I would really like to be able to change the order numbers too.

Is it possible to start the numbering (both for on and offline orders) to a new band rather than continuing the invoice numbers from previously. Not just the prefix numbering (which I can do already) but the final digits especially.

any suggestions welcome

Comment

Originally posted by davidfarndon View Post
                              We've had a change of business set up and I would really like to be able to change the order numbers too.

Is it possible to start the numbering (both for on and offline orders) to a new band rather than continuing the invoice numbers from previously. Not just the prefix numbering (which I can do already) but the final digits especially.

any suggestions welcome
                              Sorry David but I got a little confused here, are you talking about 'order numbers' or 'invoice numbers'? If order numbers then you can set the online order number starting post #2. Offline orders can be set in 'Settings | Business Settings | Order Processing | Starting Sequence Number' (note that this field will be greyed out if there is already an offline order created in the orders tab). There is no other way of changing this as it is hard-wired into the C++ code of the software.

If it is invoice numbers then post #5 should help.
                              Tracey
                              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                              X