Filter Page Error 12.0.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filter Page Error 12.0.5

I upgraded my SD 12.0.4 to 12.0.5 on Friday, and have noticed this Monday morning the following: TB!A,FT!GF,SX_ID!0,S_1_66095_0!,SO!4_2_0,FILTERPAGE!Brands.html,Action!Search which appears in the live site in the sections that are filled by filters, just above the breadcrumb trail. Anybody know how to get rid of this? Doesn't look good.

Sarah

As always, an URL would help.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The URL

The url of one of the pages affected is http://www.avidlite.co.uk/acatalog/Brands.html. I have checked in various browsers, and have found that the error seems to only appear when using IE, in this case IE 8 with windows xp). It works fine in Google Chrome with xp, and in IE 11 with Windows 7. Odd.

Sarah

Comment

Good news is that you're doing nothing wrong.

Bad news is that it seems that SD 12.0.5 is adding code like:
        Code:
        <actinic:filter_input style="display:none;">TB!A,FT!GF,SX_ID!0,S_1_66095_0!,SO!4_2_0,FILTERPAGE!Brands.html,Action!Search</actinic:filter_input>
        And IE8 is refusing to apply the style display:none to what it sees as an invalid HTML tag <actinic:filter_input>.

There may be a workaround (put that <actinic:filter_input>....</actinic_filer> within a valid <span style="display:none">....<span> tag but it's really one for SellerDeck to fix.

I'll test this on a standard demo site and if I can replicate it there, I'll post it as a bug.

Comment

Thank you Norman

Not sure whether good news or bad news: if I had made an error I could have corrected it, perhaps. But if it is a bug in the software, then I may need to be patient.

Hopefully not many people are stuck with xp and IE 8, but according to the stats for my website, more people use IE 8 still than any other browser. Perhaps it just reflects our customers.

Sarah

Comment

Try this for a workaround:

Go to Design / Library / Layout / Web Page Inner Layout / Section Page Body.

Around line 86 you should see:
            Code:
            <actinic:variable name="FilterDefaultInput" />
            (may display as FilterDefaultInput)
            Replace with:
            Code:
            <span style="display:none"><actinic:variable name="FilterDefaultInput" /></span>
            Please test and report if filtering / sorting still works.

UPDATE: I've reported this as a bug via http://community.sellerdeck.com/show...572#post344572

Comment

I upgraded www.titanjewellery.co.uk from 12.03 to 12.05 last week and noticed that the quick search, although working wasn't returning any results.

I only spent an hour trying to resolve before rolling back to 12.03 leaving the upgrade to a time when I am more ready to sort it.

Wonder if it is connected to the above issue.
              Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
              Zirconium Rings
              Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Norman's Fix Worked For Me

Thanks Norman. I have just applied your fix and now all appears fine.

Jason - don't know whether or not it is the same problem.

Sarah

Comment

Jason - unlikely as the garbage displaying was only a cosmetic issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X