Adding a Sound File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a Sound File

Some of my products make a sound and I would like to allow customers to listen to a short clip so that they can hear it before buying. Is it possible to make a link or button for customers to click using Sellerdeck?

The clips are wav files of about 1MB. Would these need to be compressed?

Originally posted by mdowling View Post
    Some of my products make a sound and I would like to allow customers to listen to a short clip so that they can hear it before buying. Is it possible to make a link or button for customers to click using Sellerdeck?

The clips are wav files of about 1MB. Would these need to be compressed?
    It can be done and there is an html5 method available but not all browsers support it.

Example:
    Code:
     <audio controls>
      <source src="horse.ogg" type="audio/ogg">
      <source src="horse.mp3" type="audio/mpeg">
    Your browser does not support the audio element.
    </audio>
    check out this site for details http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_audio.asp

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Thanks malbro - apologies for being so slow to come back to this thread.

Can I insert HTML code into Sellerdeck or would I need to log into the hosted files and paste it in? If the latter would SD remove these changes each time I make an update to other products and click Publish the site?

Comment

Originally posted by mdowling View Post
        Thanks malbro - apologies for being so slow to come back to this thread.

Can I insert HTML code into Sellerdeck or would I need to log into the hosted files and paste it in? If the latter would SD remove these changes each time I make an update to other products and click Publish the site?
        SellerDeck layouts are made up of html code, you could put the code in a custom layout and add it to the pages as required or put it in a fragment and insert the fragment into pages.

Editing the html files on site will not work as SellerDeck will automatically over write them when you next publish or refresh the site.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
        SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
        Custom Packages

Comment

You can put HTML code into a Fragment or Product Description thus:
          Code:
          Ordinary description !!< <b>bold text</b> >!! and more ordinary description
          I.e. anything between !!< and >!! will be treated as inline HTML. Try it and see.

If you're using this to load music files: Best keep such files in the root of your site folder. You will also need to tell SellerDeck to upload them for you via Design / Additional Files.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X