Customer Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer Accounts

When adding transactions to customer accounts they all seem to add up correctly. When someone comes in to pay off the full or part of the full amount the remaining total is very rarly correct.
    I had an instance where it was showing the customer owed £55.25, they paid in full and i entered it in to PAYMENT ON ACCOUNT selected customer and entered £55.25. After the completion of the transaction i went into the customers section on the main screen and it said the customer still owed £1.12. So something is not right.
    Also selecting Print customer NUMBER & NAME on receipt doesn't do anything.

Hi there

Is this problem happening when you are creating customer orders (either part payment, or no payment)? If so, when creating the orders, are the customers going to be paying on account? The account tender type is used if you are wishing to accept payment using a customers credit balance.

Would you be able to provide some reproducing steps so I can test this out here please?
    ________

Comment

Its not when creating orders, I just create a sale as normal and choose a customer then when going to the pay screen add it to their account.
      I don't include this in my accounts!

Then when the customer comes into pay I select the menu and select "Payment On Account" choose customer and enter amount they have paid.
      The balance very rarely reflects the true balance. Sometimes its correct but most of the time its out.
      Let me know if you need anymore info. Would it be better if i created a customer order?

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly--Kid--Joe
        Its not when creating orders, I just create a sale as normal and choose a customer then when going to the pay screen add it to their account.
        I don't include this in my accounts!

Then when the customer comes into pay I select the menu and select "Payment On Account" choose customer and enter amount they have paid.
        The balance very rarely reflects the true balance. Sometimes its correct but most of the time its out.
        Let me know if you need anymore info. Would it be better if i created a customer order?
        Hi there

I would say the better way to do this would be to create a customer order, in the sales screen look up the customer, then do a sale in the normal way.

When you are on the tender screen, there is a 'sales' button, clicking this changes it to 'order'. Now you can take a part payment, and this will be logged as a part payed order.

When the customer comes back to pay the rest of the order, from the sales screen, go to Menu | Orders, and you should see the saved order which you can recall and complete in the normal way.

Comment

The order works, but the customer account still needs looking into. I tried it again and when the total is paid from "Payment On Account" the balance does not reflect this. Hopefully there will be a fix soon!

Comment

Do you not see the minus figure in the balance for the customer account in question? When taking payments on account for a customer, the balance reflects this when you go and view the customer account details.

Comment

Originally posted by James M
              Do you not see the minus figure in the balance for the customer account in question? When taking payments on account for a customer, the balance reflects this when you go and view the customer account details.
              Yes i do see the minus figure, for example i did a sale and put it on account for £55.25 (as above). When you look at the customer balance it does say -£55.25.
              A couple of days later when the customer pays (select from Menu, Payment On Account, Select customer method of payment and enter £55.25) till opens print receipt.
              I then check the customer balance from the Main Screen under customer or look from the drop down menus "Customer Balances" and it say -£1.12, when in fact this figure should be £0.00.
              Even if they only paid part of it the balance would be wrong.
              Hope you understand what i am saying, you could try it out!

Comment

Hi there

Just tried it out here, brought an item on account, I could see the - value in my customer account.

Then went to pay the exact amount on account, and it cleared the - value, and totalled up the credit amount correctly.

What version are you sing there?

Comment

Originally posted by James M
                  Hi there

Just tried it out here, brought an item on account, I could see the - value in my customer account.

Then went to pay the exact amount on account, and it cleared the - value, and totalled up the credit amount correctly.

What version are you sing there?
                  Ver 2.73, as stated it sometimes is the correct figure but most of the time is out. Would a re-install help?

Code:
                  Date	Time:	Description	Transaction No	Debit	Credit	Cashier	TillID	Note	Status
                  10/08/2007	11:41	Account Credit	100003066	0.00	53.74	ROSS	1		
                  31/07/2007	15:55	Account Debit	100002795	55.75	0.00	ROSS	1
                  Code:
                  Date	Time:	Description	Transaction No	Debit	Credit	Cashier	TillID	Note	Status
                  16/08/2007	14:30	Account Credit	100003179	0.00	43.75	ROSS	1		
                  10/08/2007	12:50	Account Debit	100003070	44.00	0.00	ROSS	1		
                  16/07/2007	14:43	Account Credit	100002463	0.00	51.18	ROSS	1		
                  13/07/2007	15:54	Account Debit	100002427	51.20	0.00	ROSS	1
                  From this you can see when entering £55.75 into "Payment On Account" in the MENU under Sales Screen it only took off £53.74 and leaving -£2.01 and entering £51.20 it only took £51.18 off leaving -£0.02 and entering £44.00 only took off £43.75 leaving -£0.25

Comment

Hi there

Im afraid I cant recreate that here, I think it might be worth while you sending your database in for me to have a look at.

If you could go to c:\checkout, locate data.mdb and zip it up, then email it to the email address at the bottom of this page, and put it to my attention.

Comment

I am suffering from exactly the same problem. Small odd amounts still being owed on accounts when the ammount has been paid in full.

We have a lot of customers who would like to go on to accounts but we have avoided offering it because of the problems with the account system.

Realy hoping the way Account payments is reported on the z-read can be sorted out soon to.

David

Comment

Hi David

If you are still having the same problems please send us the data file so we can investigate, zip up the database and send it to kcsupport/@/actinic/dot/co/dot/uk . The data file is usually in C:\Checkout.

Kind Regards
                        Kiran Chandran
                        Technical Support - SellerDeck
                        http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Same problem

I have the same problems.

I does not seem to register payments properly for staff, who sometimes pay when the goods go through the till against their name. The statements make no sense either.

Pete Carol

Comment

Working...
                          X