Shopping Cart Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping Cart Error

We are using SellerDeck 2014. The Shopping Cart works perfectly, except that when choosing to checkout with PayPal, when the system finishing processing the sale and returns to the 'PayPal Confirm Order Screen' - 2 of the variables when entered and submitted (i.e. submitted to PayPal with the order details), namely 'Coupon Code' and 'Special Delivery Instructions' are missing.

When the checkout is processed using either Credit or Debit Card, there are no issues at all and both these variables are submitted and return correctly.

I have raised this issue in the Forum before but didn't get any responses.

I would be grateful to know if anyone else has had this or a similar problem?

Alternatively, could anyone who is using SellerDeck 2014 please let me know if they are NOT having this problem.

If that is the case, it would indicate to me that there is a problem somewhere in the software code that we are using.

I could of course raise a ticket with SellerDeck but I would be interested to know first if anyone else is either having the same problem or NOT having the same problem.

We have a problem on v14 and PayPal Express in that often the Company Name is not passed to the software. It shows in the PayPal receipt, however. It can also happen with a house name.

I think it depends on what the customer has as the first line of their address in their PayPal account.

That and the constant "notprovided" address entries from PayPal make this whole "integration" (I use the word advisedly) a right PITA.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Thanks so much for your quick reply. I am glad to know that we are not alone but have similar problems. Do you believe that these problems are attributable to SellerDeck or PayPal - or both?

I have decided to raise a ticket and see what SellerDeck have to say.

Thanks again for your response.

Comment

We have had issues with paypal, the delivery if not set to simple is ignored and adds later looking very suspicious to the customer.

Also if the customer has filled in their paypal information on their account incorrectly this transfers to your sellerdeck order if paypal express is used, we see names / addresses jumbled.
        https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

It's a poor integration and has really shown me that literacy levels in this nation are not great.

At the very least, PayPal should have a way of formatting the address so it contains capital letters and a correctly spaced postcode. We do this automatically at the checkout if a customer checks out in the normal way, so why can't the money-grabbing giant?

PayPal appears also to demand a county. This leads to people in London filling in London for a second time, and others using county names e.g. Middlesex - abolished over 40 years ago.

I think it was a rushed integration when mobile payments became so important and Sellerdeck hasn't bothered to talk to PayPal or look at the issues since.
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Thank you again to everyone for your comments. It seems there is general frustration all round with the PayPal Express integration ... but I cannot understand why more people have not complained about it nor why SellerDeck has not grabbed hold of this and got it sorted. When you think about it - this is just as vital as any other part of the SellerDeck software.

I have now submitted a ticket to SellerDeck and ill report back on the response.

Comment

Working...
            X