Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP Bounce page not working in V9.

After upgrading to V9, and uploading a very serious problem occured:
    After going through the checkout & payment the customer could get to the PSP bounce page and no further, instead of automatic redirection there was a bit of broken script visible-
    INPUT TYPE = SUBMIT NAME = "\" SUBMIT \ " " VALUE ="NEXT".

It turns out that in the upgrade from V8 to V901 IDWA the script in the bounce page had been mangled, this was missing:

</script>

block if
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    function onLoad()
    {
    document.formOCC.submit () ;
    }
    // -->
    </script>
    /block
    </head>

This also threw up an error on the design tab when selecting the PSP bounce page JAVASCRIPT: OBJECT NOT FOUND.

Fortunately I had left V8 up and running on the machine so I could compare the page code, allowing me to cut & paste as my javascript isn't up to writing a new script.

I don't know if this was due to the upgrade method I used (Importing a V8 snaphot), but it seemed that Google analytics overwrote the script even though I had not enabled the analytics!!?? BEST BEWARE of this..

I was NOT impressed. Especially after losing several orders before I could reinstate the V8 site. Just shows the value of keeping backups and not deleting old software too quickly!

As a consquence I have "lost" 6 hours, and half of my hair. I'm now testing once again on our "localhost" Apache test server.
    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Hi Steve

I'd like to take a look at your v8 snapshot and see what happened with the upgrade to cause this. I can then get it fixed so it doesn't happen to anyone else.

If your snapshot is small, just email it to cdicken /at/ actinic/co/uk. If it's a big snapshot, just drop and email to that address and I'll let you know some FTP details to upload it to. I'll then test the upgrade and get it fixed.

Comment

V9 Problem

Hi Chris.

I managed to sort out the problem, it was just a matter of pasting the javascript into the appropriate place. Once that was done all was OK. Just ran a short set of tests to see if we transferred to PROTX OK. More of a posting to try an help anyone else that hits the problem. Not sure if I did something wrong initially anyway.
      If you like I can still send the snapshot but it is rather big (about 100Mb).
      Other than that the upgrade went very well, very pleased with the new version so far.
      Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
      www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Urgent help required please !!!

Having just bought an upgrade to v9 from v8.x and uploaded my hitherto fully operational site, I find that customers are now unable to complete the purchase as nothing happens when they reach the bounce page to Protx !!!

I was assured when I bought the upgrade that everything would be seamless !

I now have a site which is not working and I am losing money.

Does anyone have the answer please ?

Steve Jordan
        -----------------------------
        Error 404 - Page not found

Sellerdeck V11.03 - Business - Actinic Payments -
        Sage Accounts 50 V16 2012 Sellerdeck Link

Acacia Masonic Regalia Masonic Regalia Masonic Forum

Comment

Does anyone have the answer please
          Could it be sun spot activity? - its as good a reason as any other when you dont give a url - is it your site or a clients

Comment

In my temper and haste I forgot !

www.acaciamasonic.com
            Steve Jordan

Comment

I'd suggest first checking your V8 PROTX template against your V9 one and make sure nothing is different there. Can you recall if you inserted the fix in the head area to auto redirect you to PROTX in V8 as this may have been removed in V9?

In the meantime while you solve things, roll back to V8 and have V9 in test mode as Duncan tells you. Oh and sorry but if you created that checkout indicator, get rid of it, it's bloody awful.

Comment

Thanks guys - no that indicator came with the upgrade !
                Steve Jordan

Comment

Well send a house brick with no postage on it to your previous designer, it's terrible.
                  <<<<< even Travis is pissing himself about it.

Comment

Try comparing your PSP bounce page in the design library too, it just looks like the next button is missing, did you have it on the old store or the auto-redirect, can you recall?

Is PROTX out of test mode too, check that.

Comment

The checkout progress indicator can be turned off in Site Options | Properties, just for the record.

It sometimes looks horrendous because of a colorisation problem during some upgrades. If you re-apply the colour scheme to your site, it will all look as it should do. This colorisation issue is a bug due to be fixed in a future maintenance release.

We've had a few customers with issues with upgrading from Protx so it looks like there is something amiss in the upgrade scripts. I've got Steve Griggs's (the original poster) snapshot to test with so I'll get this sorted for future versions.

The solution to fix it though is:

1) Go to your v8 store

2) Go to the 'Design' tab

3) Change the 'Select Page Type' field to 'PSP Bounce Page'

4) Select your outer/overall layout (you can usually do this by just clicking near - but not on - the logo image in the preview)

5) View the layout code and copy the entire <head> area to the clipboard. (i.e. <head> tag to </head> tag)

6) Switch to v9 and go to the 'Design' tab.

7) Again, switch tp the 'PSP Bounce Page' and view the overall layout.

8) Replace the entire v9 <head> area with the one from the clipboard.

Comment

PSP bounce not working (Note for Actinic/Dreamweaver developers)

Hi,

I have found the same problem, caused by the missing script.
                        I use Dreamweaver with the Actinic integration (v8 designer in this case). It seems to me that when you link your DW template to Actinic, Actinic modifies/inserts all its required doctype, meta, cookie script etc, but does not put the PSP bounce script.

Jon.

Comment

As I posted its a common problem. There is a DIY thread by Bruce somewhere

Comment

Working...
                          X