Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a BCC to order sent email

Hi

We are trying to set up a review system with Trustpilot.

We need to send Trustpilot a Bcc ( blind carbon copy ) email when we send out the order sent email.

Actinic V10.02 is missing the Bcc field, I phoned tech support and they told its impossible.

Sometimes I really get fed up with Actinic!

So I am looking for a work around.

Any suggestions?
    Steve Indigo

Indigo Herbs of Glastonbury

Indigo Herbs Blog

IIRC this can be done with a script change. I'll try and dig out the forum post. I think Norman posted a mod to do it some time ago.

Comment

Hi

Yes this would be very helpful.

I have been looking at a work around.

I have set up a email address with a forwarder to where i need it to go.

And i am wanting to add this email address into the Cc field in the order sent email. i wish to do this with out having to add it manually ever time. I need to find out how to make this second email address appear in the Cc box of the order sent email every time I open it up.

I phone actinic tech support with this and they didn't know!
      Steve Indigo

Indigo Herbs Blog

Comment

OK

Tech Support have now got back to me with half an answer...

" The main change is in Actinic.pm

- Locate the method 'sub SendrichMail'
        - Scroll down to the following block of code is found...

unless (print MYSOCKET "To: $sEmailAddress\r\n")
        {
        $sLocalError = GetPhrase(-1, 18, 7, $!);
        close MYSOCKET;
        return($::FAILURE, $sLocalError, 0, 0);
        }

- Immediately after this code insert...

unless (print MYSOCKET "Bcc: somebody@someemail.com\r\n")
        {
        $sLocalError = GetPhrase(-1, 18, 7, $!);
        close MYSOCKET;
        return($::FAILURE, $sLocalError, 0, 0);
        }

- Replace somebody@someemail.com with the appropriate email address.

The above is not tested but I believe it should work.
        Note that it will bcc every email that Actinis sends. To be more selective will require surrounding the inserted code with a condition.

The above solution is all i can help with as unfortuantly this much customization is outside the scope of support."

- So It looks like I need to surround the inserted code with a condition.

Any suggestions?
        Steve Indigo

Indigo Herbs Blog

Comment

steve
          Pardon the direct approach, but we are just integrating with Trustpilot, and wondered if this worked OK ?
          Also, as it is a mod to a pm file, does this need upgrading every time ?

Comment

Adding bcc to email for TrustPilot

Hi, we had the same issue but think we have a simple way to remedy this.

Go to Settings / Business Settings / Ordering and then under the email section, where it asks for an address to send email receipt copies to add the Trustpilot address there.

If you still want to receive copies to your own email, add both email addresses in the bar, likle so:

yourcopy@yourdomain; yournumber@yourreviewdomain

We performed some test orders replacing the TrustPilot email with another of ours and both arrived as if they were sent bcc, as per the TP requirements.

Hoping there is not a reason why this will not work?

Comment

Originally posted by Buyinconfidence View Post
              Hi, we had the same issue but think we have a simple way to remedy this.

Go to Settings / Business Settings / Ordering and then under the email section, where it asks for an address to send email receipt copies to add the Trustpilot address there.

If you still want to receive copies to your own email, add both email addresses in the bar, likle so:

yourcopy@yourdomain; yournumber@yourreviewdomain

We performed some test orders replacing the TrustPilot email with another of ours and both arrived as if they were sent bcc, as per the TP requirements.

Hoping there is not a reason why this will not work?
              I would have thought this just sent as a CC not a BCC but I could be wrong?
              Tracey

Comment

Someone asked about an almost identical thing a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, I found that the Actinic provided solution wouldn't work and they had to have some bespoke code written.
                Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
                  I would have thought this just sent as a CC not a BCC but I could be wrong?
                  I think it actually sends a complete separate email to each address and not a CC or BCC. So each recipient will only see their email address in the TO field with no CC or BCC entries.

Update 28/03/11: Actinic Support have just confirmed this.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Indigo View Post
                    Hi

We are trying to set up a review system with Trustpilot.

We need to send Trustpilot a Bcc ( blind carbon copy ) email when we send out the order sent email.

Actinic V10.02 is missing the Bcc field, I phoned tech support and they told its impossible.

Sometimes I really get fed up with Actinic!

So I am looking for a work around.

Any suggestions?
                    Hi Steve

Did this work for Trustpilot?

As we would like to use Trustpilot to save the task of sending out monthly emails for reveiws.

Your
                    Neil Spinney

Comment

Contact Norman directly, we did and he changed a script for us, works like a charm
                      Many Thanks
                      Lee
                      Landscape Garden Machinery, Power Tools and Safety Equipment

Comment

We use Trustpilot.

Actinic sends a copy email to us for every order. When that order is received in outlook it is forwarded to the email address trustpilot gave us. They extract the email address from there.

All works fine.

The only thing it doesn't do is pick up moto orders but we found this is only a small proportion of the total orders so not the end of the world.

Comment

So is there any definitive answer to this?

Norman said the Sellerdeck support code change from Steve Indigo didnt work.
                          Forwarding from Outlook isnt an option for us.
                          Did adding a receipt email to Trustpilot in business settings work (Its not a BCC but maybe trustpilot can pick it up from the email text)

Part of me is a bit hesitant to send a receipt copy of every sale we make to trustpilot anyway.
                          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

You might need to PM them directly if you want a specific answer. there are lots of people who only come on the forum when they want an answer to something.

It might be worth contacting Norman as well if he has developed some code that will do this. I've always found his work reasonably priced.

The other thing that strikes me is that if all Trustpilot need is a bcc'd email then it shouldn't be hard to fire off a separate email from the scripts with just Trustpilot related details. i.e. Rather than including the order details you could make it all about letting the customer know they'll be receiving a review request after the order and why it's important, etc.

It shouldn't be hard to do but would clearly need a bit of development to make properly usable.
                            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

yeah thanks Mike.
                              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                              X