Bug? - in checkout, tabbing through fields is not in order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug? - in checkout, tabbing through fields is not in order

In the checkout if you press the tab key to tab from field to field the cursor focus does not follow the order of the entry boxes.

This was reported by a client today and is the same in default store - looks like a bug?

EDIT:
    This is apparent only when the Salutation and Company fields are used. tabindex is not used on those fields.

The fix may be (untested) to add the following to the relevant input fields:

InvoiceSalutation
    tabindex="NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEPROMPT000TABINDEX"

DeliverySalutation
    tabindex="NETQUOTEVARELIVERYPROMPT000TABINDEX"

InvoiceCompany
    tabindex="NETQUOTEVAR:INVOICEPROMPT003TABINDEX"

DeliveryCompany
    tabindex="NETQUOTEVARELIVERYPROMPT003TABINDEX"

But do those NQVs exist?

EDIT2:

Presumably all the tabindex NQVs could just be replaced by a simple tab index number anyway, such as 1, 2, 3, etc.?

Hello Duncan

This is already reported as a bug to be fixed in a future release.

Regards
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Was on www.stinkyink.co.uk this morning and noticed the same thing.
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I'm going to try my fix I mentioned above and add the index manually and see if it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Krithika View Post
          Hello Duncan

This is already reported as a bug to be fixed in a future release.

Regards
          Still there in 11.0.3 - in which future release is this going to be fixed?

Comment

Hi Nick

My colleague Jennifer has added your instance to the bug report, but no further update on the fix schedule I am afraid.

Regards
            Krithika Chandrasekar
            SellerDeck

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krithika View Post
              Hi Nick

My colleague Jennifer has added your instance to the bug report, but no further update on the fix schedule I am afraid.

Regards
              Hmm, the bug does give a rather amateur/clunky feel to the checkout process, I for one will be sticking with version 9 until this is fixed.

Comment

BUG still oustanding in SellerDeck 2013!

Um, this bug is still there! Is it really worth upgradsing and renewing support when nothing gets done?

Comment

Morning Nick and apologies. Much as we strive to fix the maximum possible bugs and introduce some enhancements in a new major release, some do get postponed to a future one. I shall add your note to the bug report again.

Regards
                  Krithika Chandrasekar
                  SellerDeck

sigpic

Comment

Just moved from V13 to V14 & this issue has now appeared - as mentioned above it feel amateur & misconfigured from the outside. Personally It's enough to make me bail out of a site & find a alternative that has a "working" checkout.......

Is there a fix for this or some guidelines for altering / correcting?
                    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

This issue was resolved in the responsive checkout layouts added in v14.0.0, but the fix was not applied to the older checkout layouts.
                      Bruce Townsend
                      Ecommerce Product Manager
                      Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
                      X