Rich Snipetts / schema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rich Snipetts / schema

I have tried a couple of times to implement this, many ecommerce sites now use this to display price / stock in google results.

I get errors or the price displaying in ex vat, can anyone recommend a developer I can employ to do this, tried one that did not work out and tried various versions found on here without success?

thank you

Here is the code I paid for that does not work - maybe someone can see why?

Code:
    <!-- rich snippets BEGIN -->
    <div itemscope itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Product">
    <meta itemprop="currency" content="GBP" />
    <meta itemprop="price" content="<actinic:variable name="PriceListRetail" value="meta retail price list" />"  />
    <meta itemprop="brand" content="<actinic:variable name="brand" />" />
    <meta itemprop="image" content="<actinic:variable name="CatalogURL" /><actinic:variable name="SectionImageFileName" />" />

<meta itemprop="condition" content="new"> 

<meta property="og:type" content="product" />
    <meta property="og:title" content="<actinic:variable name="ProductName" />" />

<meta property="og:url" 
    content="<actinic:variable name="SectionPageName" />" />
    </div>
    <!-- Rich snippets END -->
    Example from google search results:

Celestron Ultima Duo Eyepieces -

www.examples.com › Eyepieces & Barlows › Celestron
    £103.00 - ‎In stock
    The new Celestron Ultima Duo eyepiece series are designed for both visual and ... This eyepiece is available in 6 focal lengths: 5 mm 8 mm 10 mm 13 mm
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

I have got most working now except price which shows as ex vat, tried taxinclusiveprice which displays coding errors, priceraw which is ex vat and the one below - also ex vat:

<meta itemprop="price" content="<actinic:variable name="PriceListRetail" value="meta retail price list" />" />

Comment

I'm having a serious case of deja-vu with this thread but the previous one seems to have disappeared. Did you delete it for some reason?

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Try this. Note it should all be on one long line:
        Code:
        <meta itemprop="price" content="<actinic:block type="pricelist"><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%201"><actinic:variable name="TaxInclusivePrice" selectable="false" /></actinic:block></actinic:block>" />
        This code works within a Product Layout so should only be used within such layouts.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Yes Mike - it was around a year or so ago - I replied on the end of a thread with the same issue, I have revisited the structured data thing again as it niggles me as the only issue showing in webmaster tools.

I have struggled with paying one developer, contacting 3 more and still no luck.

Norman - thank you yet again, it worked but the character before the price in the testing tool shows this:

ё145.00

Apparently this character according to Wikipedia is - The seventh letter of the Belarusian Cyrillic alphabet!!!

Guessing sellerdeck is creating the character, not sure it will do any harm unless google displays it as a rich snippet

Comment

Ed - which code have you got working? The code in your first post on this thread with the new code from Norman?
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Its not perfect - its bits from mine and a thread from a year ago - I don't really want the offer part but if removed it shows errors in the testing tool~:

Code:
              <!-- rich snippets BEGIN -->
              <meta itemprop="image" content="<actinic:variable name="CatalogURL" /><actinic:variable name="SectionImageFileName" />" />
              <meta itemprop="identifier" content="mpn:<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />"/>
              <meta itemprop="name"content="<actinic:variable name="ProductName" />" />
              <meta property="og:url" content="<actinic:block php="true">echo '<actinic:variable name="CatalogURL" encoding="perl" selectable="false" />' . basename('<actinic:variable name="ProductPageName" encoding="perl" selectable="false" />');</actinic:block>" />
              </div>
              <div class="purchase_data" itemprop="offerDetails" itemscope itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Offer">
              <meta itemprop="condition" content="new" />
              <meta itemprop="price" content="<actinic:block type="pricelist"><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%201"><actinic:variable name="TaxInclusivePrice" selectable="false" /></actinic:block></actinic:block>" />
              <meta itemprop="availability" content="in_stock" />
              <meta itemprop="seller" content="<actinic:variable name="CompanyName" />"/>
              </div>
              <!-- Rich snippets END -->

Comment

Thanks Ed - I had the older code I think.

That code return green ticks across the board on the testing tool for me
                Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

O.K. We can use a bit of SD PHP to strip anything but digits and the decimal point from the price.
                  Code:
                  <meta itemprop="price" content="£<actinic:block php="true">echo preg_replace('/[^\d\.]/', '', '<actinic:block type="pricelist"><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%201"><actinic:variable name="TaxInclusivePrice" selectable="false" /></actinic:block></actinic:block>');</actinic:block>" />
                  And, as you sell expensive stuff, it will also get rid of the comma that SD would have put in on £1,000.00 type prices.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman.

The validation tool shows this url (just as an example) is all fine, with correct currency symbol in place.

Comment

Thanks Norman, brilliant.

I will still try to find a company to sort it properly, I believe you can add breadcrumbs etc, everything seems to move on and leave us behind, 2016 still has no schema / snippets.

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post

The validation tool shows this url (just as an example) is all fine, with correct currency symbol in place.
                        Hi,

yes your URL using the above code does get all green ticks :-)

One thing.. I checked the source code of this page and noticed that the code above intended to give the product page URL;

Code:
                        <meta property="og:url" content="<actinic:block php="true">echo '<actinic:variable name="CatalogURL" encoding="perl" selectable="false" />' . basename('<actinic:variable name="ProductPageName" encoding="perl" selectable="false" />');</actinic:block>" />
                        actually only gives this;
                        <meta property="og:url" content="http://www.snorestore.co.uk/acatalog/" />
                        Does that matter do you think?
                        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Not sure - here is my latest one if it helps at all:

Code:
                          <meta itemprop="identifier" content="mpn:<actinic:variable name="ProductReference" />"/>
                          <meta itemprop="name"content="<actinic:variable name="ProductName" />" />
                          </div>
                          <div class="purchase_data" itemprop="offerDetails" itemscope itemtype="http://data-vocabulary.org/Offer">
                          <meta itemprop="condition" content="new" />
                          <meta itemprop="availability" content="In_stock" />
                          <meta itemprop="seller" content="<actinic:variable name="CompanyName" />"/>
                          </div>

Comment

Originally posted by feemish View Post
                            Does that matter do you think?
                            No idea. Will look when I can be arsed.

Comment

Thanks Ed.
                              The only difference in your latest code seems to be a de-capitalised 'I' in 'in_stock'

This code works but doesnt seem to supply the product page URL. It seems to just link to the catalog root.

No idea. Will look when I can be arsed.
                              LOL! it could be throwing up errors in your google webmaster tools?
                              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                              X